Our partner

Handwriting signs of DID

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Handwriting signs of DID

Postby Una+ » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:48 pm

So the topic of varied handwriting being a common sign of DID came up again and out of curiosity I searched for the term "handwriting" in this DID Forum. The result was over 270 posts, almost all of them about how our handwriting changes abruptly from one paragraph to the next, as if written by different people.
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Handwriting signs of DID

Postby Violarules » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:03 pm

Wow, 270. I didn't realize that there were that many. I have had it pointed out to me, like when I was writing in cursive one day, my mom commented on how clean my writing was and asked why I can't write in cursive like that every time. My mom likes for me to write in cursive, but I prefer to write in print unless using cursive is necessary since writing in print is a lot faster for me.
I have ADHD. Possibly have another mental disorder but am not certain.

Viola, Host 26 ADHD, Narcolepsy, Depression (possible DID?)
Cynthia, 17
Jeremy, 22
Sasha, 5
Keith, 10
William, 23
Computer. Female, Age: Unknown. System Manager.
Violarules
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:33 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Una+ » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:05 pm

Here's a link to the search: [url=http://www.psychforums.com/search.php?keywords=handwriting&fid[0]=210]Search: DID Forum +handwriting[/url]
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:33 pm

Postby BeccaBee » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:27 am

I know this is assuredly true for me and one of the most startling pieces of evidence as I look through old journals and review my coms book. I marvel that I was unaware for so long. It is not subtle!

Here's a just for fun link on graphology

http://www.handwritinginsights.com/terms.html
Female, 39
Dx: DID, C-PTSD, TES

We are the Bees

The Rabbit Hole
BeccaBee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:33 am

Postby Johnny-Jack » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:15 pm

That's an amazing number, Una, and it says a lot. For us, the handwriting of younger alters has been obvious, plus we know when a little or middle or teen is out because the whole body moves differently. Among the older alters, we've lived together and cooperated so long I guess we stopped thinking of ourselves as separate, if we ever did.

There are definite handwriting differences we've just started recognizing as belonging to one or another of us. I was always aware of different slants, letter shape choices, etc. but I thought I was just changeable. LOL We interpreted the whole range of our penmanship as being "just how I write."
Dx = DID. My blog. My personal Periodic Table of 78 alters.
Ab Ad Al Am An Ar As Ba Be Br Ca Cb Ch Cl Cm Cn Co Cp Ct Cu Cv D Eb Ed Er Es F Fl Ga Gd Go Gr Gw He Hk Hs Ht I J Jh Jk Jn Jy Ke Ki Kn Ky Li Lu Md Mi Mt Mx Mz Ne Ni O Pe Pi Q Ra Rd Ry Sc Se Sh Sk Sx Tk Ty U V Wa Wi X Y Ze Zn

Forum rules
Johnny-Jack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (45)

Postby Team78 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:46 pm

This is a good one. I was look at writing before D.I.D diagnoses and immediately I was floored at the sight of sister's hand writing after diagnoses my older brother, father's handwriting and also my therapist handwriting I guess from those bible scriptures. I can bring up word doc for us office people as a way to cover it up or I can just say big deal. I say don't count cursive handwriting, but what does everyone else think?
Dx: DID, PTSD, Panic Disorder

We are system of several.....Blog of system map
Team78
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby vertices » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:16 am

My handwriting does change but also the one doing the writing sometimes pretends to write differently so I'll think he's someone else. But that one person has always made a few letters differently than I do (and also has much better manual/spacial skills than me, it's weird to watch him write, he can make such perfect shapes and he can write legible letters so small they look like dots and I won't even be sure if the pen is moving.)
vertices
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 am
Blog: View Blog (25)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post