Our partner

Living at 'home'

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Living at 'home'

Postby Colher-6 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:31 am

I moved back to Australia from England this year and a lot has happened since. Basically my father passed away and then my mother's cancer came back. What could have been a short stay has sort of become my life, but it's the worst thing for me!

Basically I just wanted to ask whether anyone else is living in their family home and feeling trapped.

My family is fine, they're nice people, but they don't know about my DID and that's not going to change any time soon. It's so stifling! Some of my alters have gone into hiding and that's a very uncomfortable feeling when I know they'd like to front but they resent having to act like me so they just simmer away inside. Jesse and Aidan hate my family now.

Why does life have to be too expensive for us to live 'alone'? Can't hold down a job, can't get enough online work to have our own lives... it's just sooo bleak sometimes.

Rant, rant, rant...

SIGH.
Colher-6
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Living at 'home'

Postby Seangel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi Harriot,

How about if you allow during the week some free of charge activities in which you can be by yourselves and outside home? Activities in which the rest can be comfortable going outside. For example, going to an art museum, or choosing some great graffiti art work in the city, walking on a park, exercising? Activities you all enjoy where you all can be themselves.

Sea
Taking myself some time away from PF. Sea (Dec, 2016)
Seangel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:50 pm

Postby Type+2 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Hello Harriot,

I only recently moved out of my parents' house, so I can really understand what you're feeling! The things that helped me were much like what Seangel suggested, like going for walks so you can get out and be yourselves. I have a habit of getting on a train and going to a different city when I need a time out, and being in a whole new place can sometimes be really freeing.

Some of my guys also liked to come out on the internet in chat rooms so they could front but wouldn't be noticed by family. Could be another option, though possibly not as freeing.

I hope you're able to have some time to be yourselves!
Type2, 27, genderfluid
Max, 27, male
LJ, age-slider 17-30, male
Ellis, age-slider 14-27, male
?, ?, female [gone awol]
Type+2
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Colher-6 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:51 pm

Thanks for taking the time to comment, guys.

My problem is that I recharge when I'm by myself, not when I'm outside doing things but when I'm inside, relaxing. But I can't front for very long in this place because I'm constantly confronted with her family that treats me in ways I can't stomach. I just get way too pissed off and it's not worth it. It's like someone cramping your style but cramping your whole damn life, you know? I'm not really after solutions, though I'm sure Harriot is because she's "uncomfortable" or whatever. I'm just happy to grumble about it because it's just the way $#%^ is right now.

No one has their own chat room identity but Riley. I don't need people to talk to, I just want my own space.

Thanks though.
Colher-6
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post