Our partner

Very Scared....

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Very Scared....

Postby H3llvena » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:51 pm

Within a few days our host is going to see a new psychiatrist because their old ones couldn't help them enough, but I'm really scared because I know they finally want to tell their psychiatrist about their alters and I know their psychiatrist will be forced to inform their parents.... so what if their parents don't understand? I am very afraid that us alters are going to be treated as less real people and I am afraid people might try to "get us out".... does anyone know how to be taken seriously as an alter? And should we tell their parents that we exist before any sort of official diagnosis is given by the psychiatrist? Or would it be better to just wait and see what'll happen? Please help I am very scared and I think Lieve and Reza are too.... :|
PTSD, AS, social anxiety, psychotic, DDNOS, chronically depressed
H3llvena
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Very Scared....

Postby firelamb67 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:22 am

If you're over the age of 15, live in America, the psychiatrist can not tell your parents anything without your permission. If he or she does, that's a HIPPA violation and they can get in big trouble. They can get fined or possibley lose their license. They should know this.

I would try to find out if the T accepts DID. If he/she does, then I would think it would be safe to reveal. Maybe show your parents an article or 2 on DID to see what their reaction is, then you'll know.

I used to work in the insurance industry some time ago. When you get to the Dr's office you have to sign a HIPPA form and you can fill in who you want information to be released to. If you don't want anyone to know, you just leave that space blank.

Hope this helps.
DID, BPD, DP/DR

What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-R.W. Emerson
firelamb67
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby H3llvena » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:57 pm

Thanks so much. I don't live in America but I'll be sure to check what you said with my psychiatrist. I didn't realise my alters are so worried about all of this. I guess it makes a ton of sense, I've just been so scared myself that I haven't really noticed... the psychiatrists I used to go to weren't really all that strict and precise but these new ones really scare me a lot, because we had to fill out so ridiculously many forms to get in and even the head of my school had to sign so I'm scared these people might be kinda different.... I don't know if this makes any sense at all :?:
Either way thank you for the responce, I hope Lil is a bit more calm now :shock:
H3llvena
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Team78 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:21 pm

Maybe you can find a book that will explain it to your parents. Just be real careful because they can be your abusers and you not realize it until later as u come into memories on what all has happen from your traumatic childhood.
Dx: DID, PTSD, Panic Disorder

We are system of several.....Blog of system map
Team78
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 pm

Postby H3llvena » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:23 am

Thank you all for responding to us! We went to the therapist and all went well. We also told our parents about our multipleness and former trauma and they took it rather okay. They respect that that we (as alters) don't want them in our lives and will remain to be unpresented to them :wink:
Kind regards,
Lieve
H3llvena
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views