Our partner

When flashbacks/traumas are confirmed

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

When flashbacks/traumas are confirmed

Postby Familyof3 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:07 pm

today talking with my caregiver (a safe family member) she told me about things we did when we were young. and she mentioned one thing in specific that cooresponded with a certain string of flashbacks we've been getting (that we've never mentioned to her or anyone), but were hoping was just our mind being disgusting and trolling us.

insides gone deathly quiet now... i dont really know what to do and in a bit of shock.

how do you cope with confirmation of something like this.

that makes it real now doesn't it. :cry:
~ We are infinite ~
Familyof3
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: When flashbacks/traumas are confirmed

Postby AltCtrlDel » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:41 pm

When that happens with us, there is this mixture of relief that I'm not crazy and grief that something like that could happen.

I find it's best to let the feelings flow, especially the grief. I notice that after intense grief, there's a burden lifted off me...like my heart is less heavy, even if it's just for a little while.
PTSD/DID/ADhD

Never compromise yourself, you're all you've got.
AltCtrlDel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:16 am
Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: When flashbacks/traumas are confirmed

Postby zrcalo » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:56 pm

I know personally with me, it's kinda a combination of panicking and getting very angry. Either/or comes first. Then afterwards I feel no emotions towards that event and either forget or tell friends of mine. I like to tell other people these things so I can keep an outside memory of the events. Which is very helpful. I usually talk to friends over the internet, so I have a record of everything.
this is stupid
zrcalo
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post