Our partner

Looking into a couple things (trigger?)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Looking into a couple things (trigger?)

Postby WolfAkari » Wed May 22, 2013 5:05 am

I have a couple of things I have experienced over the last couple of weeks that I don't quite understand but maybe you can help me with.

1. Distorted Reflection
I have read that this is pretty common but let me explain my situation that i saw it in
I was at school walking to class after looking for my book in another one (not really important but eh). The doors i need to walk through have large glass windows.
It was sunny and it was after passing period was over so no one was around.
There are stairs leading up to the door on my side along with a flight of stairs going up and down on te inside of the building.
As i walked up i saw a person walking up the stairs on the inside of the building, towards the door the face was odd, like a overly crinkled snarl
As we both reached for the handle, i thought'maybe i shouldnt grab the door it looks like the other person has it, but then i realiZed no one else wears my kind of jcket.
Suspicion: derealization caused by DID, appearence was that of Fenrir, my demongodchild alter.

2. Wake Up Whisper
It was 4:26 in the morning, my alarm clock had been running for 7 minutes, but i was awoken by a very distinct voice that said 'wake up' externally into my ear then i heard thoughts saying 'you said not to turn off the alarm'.
Suspicion: the alter that was turning off my alarm was apologiIng in a way, dont know about the external hearing of the voice, as no one was in the room, nd i likely dont have schizophrenia
(Can't be sure anymore) 16♂
Cole 9♂
Sylph 13♀
Sister ?♀
Fenrir 8-∞♂
Demi ?♂
Akari ?♀
Our Thread
WolfAkari
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:34 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Looking into a couple things (trigger?)

Postby TheCollective » Wed May 22, 2013 9:38 am

I have both of these a lot. With the exception that I always hear all voices internally.
~TheCollective, F. 31

Dx DID, C-PTSD, BPD. Suspect bipolar.
Rx citalopram 20 mg, depakine 600 mg, abilify 5 mg
TheCollective
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 am

Postby AdamMZ » Wed May 22, 2013 10:32 am

Adam: Sometimes I think you have schizphrenia. But don't take my words. I'm not an expert.
David: He's not an expert. Don't worry.
Adam: Hopefully you'll do well this time. Hopefully that won't happen.
AdamMZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby WolfAkari » Wed May 22, 2013 12:44 pm

The thing about the exteenal voice is that I may have been co-hosting with the insider that woke me upand he used our mouth and somehow I didn't notice it. I am thinking that that happened because i truly don't hear external voices that aren't there ever (this is the first time). Plus i dont have other strange visual hallucinations.
But maybe i am a schizo?
Probably not... x4 (4 of us agree)
Cole 9♂
Sylph 13♀
Sister ?♀
Fenrir 8-∞♂
Demi ?♂
Akari ?♀
Our Thread
WolfAkari
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby AdamMZ » Wed May 22, 2013 1:15 pm

Adam: Nah. You don't have schizophrenia I think.
David: Yeah. Maybe it was just brief schizophrenia.
Adam: I did heard voices outside my head long time ago. I heard my friend's voice. But only for a few seconds. I heard my friend called me. I tried to find the source of the voices.
AdamMZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby Gerudo7 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:16 pm

DID'ers can experience hallucinations; this does not make one schizophrenic. It sounds like you were experiencing " hallucinations" of your alters (seeing/hearing them externally), which happens to some people. I dont get them on the level you seem to, but I have some minor you-could-call-them-hallucinations-if-you-wanted-I-guess, so I can relate on some level.
Gerudo7
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:34 am

Postby WolfAkari » Wed May 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Sorry, i don't think schizophrenia can ever be brief unless it is immediately and perfectly medicated (correct me if i am wrong about treatment). But eh, maybe it was temporary schizo. Probably not but who knows?
Thanks for the replies!
Cole 9♂
Sylph 13♀
Sister ?♀
Fenrir 8-∞♂
Demi ?♂
Akari ?♀
Our Thread
WolfAkari
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby lifelongthing » Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi WolfAkari

Keep in mind that no one here can diagnose you, only a professional can do that :)

What you write about re (2) sounds reasonable enough with DID. Some hear their alters inside their head but I know we have a couple on here that hear them outside, if I remember correctly. Psychosis (or schizophrenic psychosis as you're describing) has most to do with your ability to perceive reality. It's an auditory hallucination yes, but that doesn't mean it's psychotic or schizophrenic. You may be either of those, but only your therapist can evaluate you for that. On the topic of hallucination though, I just want you to know that it is relatively common to experience some form of hallucination in ones life. It's important you bring this up with you T though.

I personally have heard one of my alters speak and I looked around to see where the sound came from. She screamed "hey!" as my back was turned *trigger warning* to a man who later turned out to be an abuser *trigger warning end*. I think because I was not prepared and because of the urgency it just happened like that. I quickly deduced that it was (a) my alter and (b) what alter it was. My reality testing was intact - this qualifies it to not be a psychotic-type hallucination from what I've read.

As for (1) I haven't heard of it but if you're seeing your alter outside of your body as an hallucination you're not alone. Several on here have reported doing that ranging from once or twice to regularly to (almost) always. Again, important you talk to you T though.

As for the topic of brief schizophrenia - Adam may or may not mean Schizophreniform disorder but that is the closest I have heard of something that could be called "brief schizophrenia". Schizophrenia is thought to be a life-long disorder and includes though disorder as an important part and from what you're telling us here I don't see any signs of it. I'm not a T though so that's the only one who could make such a call.

Best of luck to you :)
lifelongthing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:34 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post