Our partner

Twin-Alters

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: salted lipstick

Twin-Alters

Postby LittleRedDogToo » Mon May 06, 2013 12:12 pm

This might seem like a dumb question, but how does this work? They seem to function as one alter, yet they seem to be two? Does this make sense? DID is confusing. :-/
We're not invited.
LittleRedDogToo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Twin-Alters

Postby galaxies » Mon May 06, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi there LittleRed. We are the Gemini twins. Gem and Minnie taking the stage. No bows though- too egotistical. One of us is optimistic and one is not. One has red hair the other does not. We are two individuals but one pair and that's where the mystical twinship bond comes in. What's the word? A psychic link? We have that. We can speak together or separate. We feel like one soul in two bodies. Astral bodies, but whatever. Yeah, I mean, when you grow up with someone always at your side, and you share many experiences, there is a very strong connection here. Totally true, we're mind readers, but only for each other. We know what the other will say. Sometimes we go a whole day speaking in unison! It really drives our mum nuts! Ha ha ha. Like those horror movie twins. Minus the vacant stare and unnatural paleness.   : ) Does this help? Maybe but probably not. Sorry, we tried. We'll think on it some more and get back to you. ~Gemini~
:: lola | gemini twins | cleo
:: jade | león | howlingboy | rinZU | kitty
:: linn | demi | sindri
:: jazz | jo | allyson | frogprincess
:: ell
magdella. arella. ellyn. hellene. aishellyn. luella.
ellery. rochelle. elsa. aello. asellah.
hazel. cinderell. xul. elliria. rat. aracelli. moon. damned. suku. bones. carousel.
galaxies
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:25 pm

Postby Johnny-Jack » Mon May 06, 2013 2:05 pm

What you guys said makes sense to us, Gemini. And DID is dang confusing! To me, twins on any spectrum, from opposites to a near single identity, seem a natural development in DID. If you consider the moment an alter comes into being, you might imagine something like a cloning or a twinning of whoever is out. This is only one way to look at it but it helps me to think of it, even though some of us were invested with radically different characteristics almost immediately.

I know a particular type of abuse had me looking for others to come help me. This caused Johann to arrive. He got spanked, was hurt emotionally and didn't comply and Hansel came to help him from hurting, to cheer him up. I don't know if they started out as twins but it seems a pretty natural development for how they arrived. A fourth, Quato, came to sustain this abuse at some point in the near future and the dissociative walls between Quato and us quickly grew high. This left Johann and Hansel as permanent twins and my sometimes pals who I used to talk to and be nice to at age 4-5. Johann is generally more gloomy, thoughtful and responsible, Hansel more positive and energetic. But both have identical other traits, like wandering into places they probably shouldn't out of curiosity and daring. Maybe not surprising, Quato does this too, though to more dangerous places.

Our twins are very similar to each other and used to work in tandem, switching back and forth every couple minutes, sharing the time out almost equally. It was pretty dizzying to witness but unlike with the rest of us, their frequent switching didn't cause headaches. They are more independent now and show up for stretches without feeling the need to hand off to their brother. But they still do it if things seem particularly fun or if the other wants in. We have a sense that they share the same mind space, sort of like two halves of an orange or something, parts which were severed but still have great similarities.

Oddly, the more they're out, the more their differences and individuality manifest. But when they've been taking a walk for a while, their emotions move towards neutral. Then I have to recall which took over the body last to figure who is out or I have to ask. Both of them sometimes give the name of their twin as an answer and stumble to quickly correct themselves. This may be because they chose new names after they woke up in our system. Because they're brothers, they tend to see the others in our system as brothers too, which has tended to spread as an interpretation of who everyone is and how we're related, which is rather nice. Only among the littles up through Dan. Nobody can see being brothers with Marc, the oldest in our system, or with the strange, spooky, but wise Sphinx, who is and always was or something -- originally, he knows that's not valid now.
John(ny) academic, Sphinx gatekeeper
Marc-Dominic 46 patrician, Aaron 44 lumberjack
Jonathan 33 entrepreneur, Quato 19 anarchist
Dan 15 jock, Jack 11 hillbilly, Ty 10 English
Brody 9 All-Amer, Luke 8 farmboy, Carter 6 sentimental
Inky 5 jumble, Chase 5 rich kid, Johann, Hansel 4 twins
Max 3½ freezer, Little John 3 silent boy, Ashár 2 wolfdog
Edward 1½ knight, Zeb 1 baby, Adam 8-mo core
Johnny-Jack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby TheCollective » Mon May 06, 2013 2:57 pm

We have an alter who is 3 people. She has always been that way and her 3 different ways are in harmony. One is very controlling and religious, while the other is very lenient and spiritual, and the third is in the middle (and also the weakest). (not sure since we don't have contact but that's what I can remember from back when we did) They have their own harmony and can function as one but also separately if the first would give them some space, which, she usually doesn't.

E and J1 started out as twins, I guess they still are but they're not close anymore cause he turned inwards to be an inner protector, while she turned outwards to focus on the external world. J1 is female and E is male but otherwise they look identical, blond, blue eyes etc.

E has a little 'brother' J3, who is actually E without having grown up, making them the same too. But different also, cause J3 is 11 yo and E is body age and he has changed a lot over the years.

J1 and J2 are twins, opposites, and they dont really get along that well. But they are twins.

J2, at one point we tried to solve her depression, which of course made a part of her split off accidentally ( I guess that seems logical now but I didn't think of it at the time), and that part seems to be semi-one with J2, yet also separate. Her name is an abbreviation of J2. They differ 7 years in age but they do see themselves as one and technically they are. They can function separately and together. And I guess it did kinda work out cause neither of them suffer depressions now. J2 sometimes gets this desperate feeling but nowhere near as bad as it was before.

Oh, and also there's this 7 yo girl who shares her identity with a dog. They are able to function separately as well as combined.

Yes, confusing :roll:
TheCollective
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm

Postby Hornet339 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Hello there. Leslie and I are twin alters. :roll:

So, we figured we would join in on the conversation. ^^
DX: DID and Major depressive disorder

Leslie (Host) -19 female
Kat-21 female}
Logan- 17 male
Luke-24 male
Kaylee-8 Female
Teardrop-20 male
Cole-20 male
FRAGMENTS: Lulu- 3 Female
Phallon-14 Female
Hornet339
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:25 pm

Postby LittleRedDogToo » Mon May 06, 2013 8:42 pm

I'm not even sure "twin" is the right verbiage. They're alters within an alter and they're twins, or maybe they're twin-fragments within an alter? It's very confusing. Either way, they talk in unison from what I'm told. It's all very confusing. There's our system and then there's a system within a system so it seems and within that system there are twins?
We're not invited.
LittleRedDogToo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post