Our partner

How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Postby Violarules » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:15 pm

ShawTrav wrote:
Violarules wrote: barbecued hot dogs and burgers that were really good

Do you call hamburgers and hotdogs barbecue where you live? In Texas BBQ would be like ribs, sausages, pork, etc. While hamburgers and hotdogs would be considered grilled. Like we call everything coke or soda regardless of the brand, and other places call it pop or something of the like. Just wondering. And now i'm hungry...

Yeah, technically it's grilled, but we still call the event a barbecue even if no barbecue sauce or marinates are used. It's not really a regional thing, just a family thing. But yes, you are correct, grilled is the correct term.
I have ADHD. Possibly have another mental disorder but am not certain.

Viola, Host 26 ADHD, Narcolepsy, Depression (possible DID?)
Cynthia, 17
Jeremy, 22
Sasha, 5
Keith, 10
William, 23
Computer. Female, Age: Unknown. System Manager.
Violarules
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:06 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby LeOkAsPEr » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Today I was nearly assassinated.

I should really do something about that....
2+2=5
3+3=7
4+4=9
5+5=11
Welcome to Oceania
LeOkAsPEr
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am

Postby JadeRain » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:09 pm

Today we wrote a break up note to the SO explaining why we were done. We have made it final. We are tired of his crap and being put on the back burner for a stupid effing video game.

We are tired of his broken promises, tired of his selfishness. We are unsure what to do now since it it official, other than have Juri continue to learn sign language.
DX Generalized Aniety Disorder, PTSD with Dissociative Symptoms, NOS Depressive Disorder

The Clan:
Raven-23;Crow-23;Ariyah-25;Ian-6-12;Daryn;Anja; Josi-6;Marie-18 Protector;Delta and Luke-25;Fang;Juri-13;Zeke-25;Luna-Age slider;Kourasmenos (Koura)-26;Rock-25; Shadow; (The) Beast; Eden; Lexi; ELise; Ghost; Cici;
JadeRain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:06 am

Postby SuperficialChains » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:41 pm

We could be better, but we could be worse. Just existing and trying to make it through the day.
Host, Kris, George, Skylar, Zee, Julee, Ember, Kayleigh, Rosie, Vincent
SuperficialChains
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby JadeRain » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:00 pm

SuperficialChains wrote:We could be better, but we could be worse. Just existing and trying to make it through the day.

I can totally relate to that. Hope things get better.
DX Generalized Aniety Disorder, PTSD with Dissociative Symptoms, NOS Depressive Disorder

The Clan:
Raven-23;Crow-23;Ariyah-25;Ian-6-12;Daryn;Anja; Josi-6;Marie-18 Protector;Delta and Luke-25;Fang;Juri-13;Zeke-25;Luna-Age slider;Kourasmenos (Koura)-26;Rock-25; Shadow; (The) Beast; Eden; Lexi; ELise; Ghost; Cici;
JadeRain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby psybear » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:55 pm

Feeling lonely and depressed. Wanting to connect with people but only have one true friend, and family to talk to . Therapist is on vacation, so no therapy for a few weeks. I burn out people if I say how needy I truly feel. I don't want to be a "downer" to be around, so most of the time I keep quiet, except to my closest friend Ruth. She is also DID, so she gets it, but she hardly talks at all any more. She has always been quiet around people, so I feel the relationship is one sided. I try to ask her questions and involve her in conversation, but find I do most of the talking in the relationship. It makes me feel like I take advantage of her if I don't feel well because it worries her sometimes, so most of the time I don't tell her when I'm really down. I feel like lately all I am is down, but I don't want to worry anyone. It's stuff I only share with my therapist, and he has been gone for two weeks, and won't be back til the fifth of August. So, here I am, on the web posting to strangers, but knowing they feel the same way sometimes. Needing connection and having no outlet in the real world makes the isolation that much worse. The feelings of desperation is making my life miserable...
psybear
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby JadeRain » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:14 am

psybear wrote:Feeling lonely and depressed. Wanting to connect with people but only have one true friend, and family to talk to . Therapist is on vacation, so no therapy for a few weeks. I burn out people if I say how needy I truly feel. I don't want to be a "downer" to be around, so most of the time I keep quiet, except to my closest friend Ruth. She is also DID, so she gets it, but she hardly talks at all any more. She has always been quiet around people, so I feel the relationship is one sided. I try to ask her questions and involve her in conversation, but find I do most of the talking in the relationship. It makes me feel like I take advantage of her if I don't feel well because it worries her sometimes, so most of the time I don't tell her when I'm really down. I feel like lately all I am is down, but I don't want to worry anyone. It's stuff I only share with my therapist, and he has been gone for two weeks, and won't be back til the fifth of August. So, here I am, on the web posting to strangers, but knowing they feel the same way sometimes. Needing connection and having no outlet in the real world makes the isolation that much worse. The feelings of desperation is making my life miserable...

Yeah. I think all of us in my system can understand that without a doubt. We've been feelingnlime that the past few days, but mainly because of the SO. We don't get out much and so with us being the only DID'er around in this area, it gets pretty lonely, pretty quickly.

We can also understand not wanting to say when you're truly down. We've done that a number of times as well, since we get told we're dwelling on stuff when we are honest with people. Sending safe, comforting, non triggering hugs your way to take if you want to. Its hard being DID, and even harder to be DID and need to have an honest conversation about your feelings and be unable to do so.

The Clan:
JadeRain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby psybear » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:36 am

Thanks JadeRain, I too get tired of people saying I'm dwelling. I know I dwell and ruminate. I don't like it, but that's how my brain works when I'm not feeling well. They say just get over the past, don't live in the past, and I understand what they are saying because I spend a lot of my time trying to do just that. I wish it were as easy as just "wanting" not to focus on all the negative feelings I have. I don't like feeling like this at all, and do wish it would go away. I try to focus on the positives in life, but when I get down it gets very hard. I just want someone to listen sometimes, not give advice, you know? I realize my weaknesses and have insight into what's "wrong" with the way I think. Having insight is one thing, changing the way I think is totally different. I have a list of things I would love to change about myself, and ruminating (or dwelling) would be at the top of the list. Anyway, thanks for understanding and posting. It made me feel not so alone.
psybear
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby JadeRain » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:54 am

psybear wrote:Thanks JadeRain, I too get tired of people saying I'm dwelling. I know I dwell and ruminate. I don't like it, but that's how my brain works when I'm not feeling well. They say just get over the past, don't live in the past, and I understand what they are saying because I spend a lot of my time trying to do just that. I wish it were as easy as just "wanting" not to focus on all the negative feelings I have. I don't like feeling like this at all, and do wish it would go away. I try to focus on the positives in life, but when I get down it gets very hard. I just want someone to listen sometimes, not give advice, you know? I realize my weaknesses and have insight into what's "wrong" with the way I think. Having insight is one thing, changing the way I think is totally different. I have a list of things I would love to change about myself, and ruminating (or dwelling) would be at the top of the list. Anyway, thanks for understanding and posting. It made me feel not so alone.

Not a problem Psybear. Dwelling when you're sad IMO is fairly normal. I don't think its just how us multiples work, just that it may be a bit worse because we may have more people being down at the same time. I totally get the feeling of not wanting to dwell and wishing it to go away, and I've come to realize that sometimes, if I just let myself dwell and ruminate for a bit, the issue actually resolves itself because I've not fought my mind/soul/body/heart. I totally understand wanting someone to just listen and not give advice. I know it sucks to not really have people on the outs to listen without making us feel judged, but I've found this forum to be a sanity saver.

Personally I think you're doing just fine. People focus on positives and negatives all the time, even singles. And the fact that you're aware of what needs changing is even better. You're absolutely right. Changing the way you think is different and even difficult at times. Don't be too hard on yourself though. You might be a multiple but the way you think is perfectly normal for you. Its how you coped and worked things out, and changing that is going to be rough.

And not a problem. Its rough... Really rough feeling like you're the only one going through something, and knowing you're not along makes all the difference.

The Clan:
JadeRain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby LeOkAsPEr » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:18 pm

You all probably know what's happened.

I'd heavily advise you tell them Leo. Or else we're going to ship you right back to Mexico.

But...we own Mexico...and all of South America. That threat doesn't really have any weight behind it.

Well how would you like to take on the position of being head delegate for the World Congress?

Actually...I wouldn't mind that...better pay, nicer conditions and I'd get a personal translator. These threats really aren't working are they?

No...you just wait until we ban Simplicimuss.

It's Simplicissimus and why would we ban that?

Good point. Give me five minutes and I'll be back with fresh new ideas.

This'll be good.
2+2=5
3+3=7
4+4=9
5+5=11
Welcome to Oceania
LeOkAsPEr
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am

PreviousNext