Our partner

My Worst Nightmare *Trigger Warning*

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

My Worst Nightmare *Trigger Warning*

Postby ManyShadesOfMe » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:39 am

It came to my attention Thursday by my 6 year old that he has been seriously sexually assaulted at school by a same sex classmate since the beginning of the year. My son and a friend in his class said they've told the teacher about these occurrences (and the routine emotional/physical abusive) and she does nothing. What's worse is, both boys say that the teacher was in the room on the phone while these sex acts took place under tables in the class.

I have been complaining to the school that this same kid (and other students) have been physically abusing and harassing him, but they've continued to insist that everything at school and in the class was fine. They blamed either bad parenting and have been insisting he has a severe mental problem.

At the beginning of the year he started out kindergarten in another classroom. He loved school, loved his teacher, did great at school every day up until he was moved into a new class after the first month. The first week I started getting calls/emails/letters from his teacher complaining about his aggressive behavior. It escallated from simple acting out to full blown fits to the point where he's been restrained.

His teacher was there Mon and Tuesday, but I found out Wednesday that she resigned and will not be coming back and the school is in the process of finding a replacement. The Assistant Principal said bc she decided to leave on her own, they can't tell me why she left. This wording makes me feel like they asked her to resign so they don't have to tell parents why they fired her. I found out about the abuse on Thursday afternoon, so I called DCF and the Sheriff's Department Friday morning to report it, and will be contacting a lawyer on Monday.

While he told me these things, his physical body language was so disturbing to me, I felt like I was experiencing the trauma right along with him. I had such a hard time staying focused, nothing felt real, it was like I was in and out the whole time, but some how managed to remember everything he told me.

Since talking with him I've turned completely unemotional and I've received several compliments on how well I'm dealing with this. Every so often I'll get a few seconds of overwhelming feelings of that fear and anger and betrayal, but that's it that I know of. I don't remember much the last few days, and I don't really remember anything at all before Thursday. I've been taken over, but I know it's for the best.

Has anyone else gone through anything like this with their kids?
Dx - Major Depression, Bipolar, ADD, Anxiety Not DX - DID, PTSD

Danielle - Host, 27
Star - F 8
Nikki - F 16 or 17
Michael - M 5
Erik - M 40's
Betty - F 30's
Jarrod - M
Kevin - M
Jenna - F
Lucy - F
ManyShadesOfMe
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My Worst Nightmare *Trigger Warning*

Postby TheManyFacesOfMe » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:47 am

I'm so sorry you and your son have to go through this. Its bad enough being bullied, but Being sexually abused is so much worse. I wish everyone that put people through that kind of abuse were punished for what they do. the justice system is so screwed up. I saw where a rapist only got 2 years. for something like that, it should be much longer. I hope your son will be able to cope with it. Its rough being sexually abused. I never was, but i've known people who were. They were never the same afterwards.
I survived psychiatric medications without getting bad side effects.
TheManyFacesOfMe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:42 pm

Postby Owleyes » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:23 pm

I am so sorry this has happened. I haven't had to deal with anything like this with my child (thank God) but I think it's completely understandable that you're 'zoning out' so much. It would be a horrific thing for any parent to go through, and for you it's bound to trigger your own trauma memories too. Have you and your son got outside support (friends, family, therapist, etc.)? Just reassure yourself that you are doing everything you can. You aren't ignoring it, you've made everyone aware who needs to be, you're supporting him in every way you can. You're there for him. That's the most important thing. Thinking of you.
Owleyes
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:42 pm

Postby tomboy24 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:17 am

i'm sorry this happened. :( i hope everything works out and that they're held responsible for their wrong actions and stuff.

- cassie (age ?)
| Cassandra; Kat/Kataki; Rain/Riyoku; Shay/Shadow; L.C. & Luna; Ray; Cassie; Lynn |
| Prism |
| Marie; Valera; Phenix (Rebel); Dallas & Damone; Kyra; "Blank"; Bridgette; Cassidy |
| "Hannibal"; "Big Ryan"/Ryan; Keith/"Little Ryan"; Kuro |
| Hawk ; The Doctor |
| Aurora (mermaid), werewolf, silent one, black ponytail, Kichijoten, The Master |
| Maiingan |
tomboy24
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post