Our partner

Tool for finding movies appropriate to you *May Trigger*

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Tool for finding movies appropriate to you *May Trigger*

Postby Sotrsab » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:43 pm

I love to kick back & watch a movie when I am tired from therapy related stuff...only I have always been limited because movies trigger me ridiculously. If anyone else loves to get lost in a movie but can’t because they fear being triggered by them, there is a site that I find helpful. I love that it is available because it allows me to see what's out there & tells me exactly what to expect. There are no surprises & so there are no triggers (for me). Another benefit is that you can screen movies for your inside & outside children. You might, though, wish to have your SO or trusted friend to give you their AOK before you check it out if you trigger easily.
The movies are rated for 3 different categories & although the categories themselves may contain words that might trigger you in a different setting (& possibly even this one), these ratings categories are there to use as a tool to help people determine what movies they wish to see and not see. The categories will be listed below.
Personally, I like that I can search for movies based on a 1-10 continuum for each category by using the ‘List by Rating’ button on the tool bar. Also, if you have a favorite actor you can plug their name into the search box & see a list of their movies & get the same detailed ratings without your EVER having to worry about the plot being given away. Search for movies specifically made safe for your littles to see.
Just hope it helps in some way for those who would love to watch ‘safe’ movies but get triggered so easily if watching on chance/hope, & everyone really, no matter what their desire may be. Here are the categories – remember that without them this site would not be able to allow you to search for movies appropriate for your system. Sorry if the words in the categories trigger.

Categories:
s-x & n-d-ty
vio-ln-ce & gor-
prof-n-ty

I can't watch a movie w/out checking it out on here 1st. Hope it's helpful to you.
After the rain goes...Rainbows!
"All behavior is purposeful in the system - it makes sense from their perspectives." (T)
"If I match my ability to push forward to my perception of the level of difficulty at hand, the reality of puting my troubles behind me then becomes just one very tiny baby step."
Sotrsab
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Tool for finding movies appropriate to you *May Trigger*

Postby illuminate.obscurity » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks for posting. I know personally watching movies can be dreadful for me cos im easily triggered by them and alot of the time i end up forgetting i even watched it due to being triggered. I didnt see a site posted though as where to go to filter out the movies u wish to see and not want to see?
If you think nobody cares if you are alive, try missing a couple of car payments. - Earl Wilson

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison
illuminate.obscurity
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

Postby Sotrsab » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:52 pm

OMGosh! I thought for sure I put the link in!!! :oops: Thanks, i.o, I hadn't laughed at myself in a good long while :lol: :lol: :lol: here you go:

http://www.kidsinmind.com/
After the rain goes...Rainbows!
"All behavior is purposeful in the system - it makes sense from their perspectives." (T)
"If I match my ability to push forward to my perception of the level of difficulty at hand, the reality of puting my troubles behind me then becomes just one very tiny baby step."
Sotrsab
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm

Postby oaktree » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:50 am

Thank you! I actually found out I'm quite triggered by the first category :shock: (not the name!) so this can come into use. Except that I hardy watch any movies (although, maybe it's a good alternative to addiction).
Dx: PDD-NOS. Tested for dissociative disorders and PTSD but they say the symptoms are attributable to PDD-NOS.
oaktree
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby lifelongthing » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:46 pm

Thank you very much for sharing this. We are triggered by a few specific things but others are totally fine, this will be a good tool for us.
lifelongthing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post