Our partner

Alters scared of me/adult

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Alters scared of me/adult

Postby HopeIsHere » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:50 am

just wanted to share...something that has helped with the alters who are scared or angry/hostile towards me as an adult (Singleton).... my two other children (younger) have allowed the alters mentioned to see me interact with them. They have given me hugs and said 'I love you' in front of them and this was kind of an accidental discovery...but also Alex told me 'it helps for (the upset alter) to see that you really, truly are 'safe'). And the other thing is that my other kids have been able to talk to the alters/answer questions or confirm "yes...yes, mama can be your friend...yes you can trust her...yes she is safe..."

Not sure if this helps anyone else....but it has really helped reduce some anxiety and potentially unsafe situations (esp with a protector who is newly aware and/or confused).
HopeIsHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Alters scared of me/adult

Postby MeAndWings » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:56 am

That sounds great, I'm happy to hear that it has worked so well for you!

I also have a protector that's hostile/scared/angry. I don't have any littles though (that I'm aware of, that is...). Anyways I know what you mean with that protector of yours. Hopefully mine will understand that it's truly safe as well (most of the time at least), although it'll probably take some time.

Thanks for sharing.
I don't want to be forgotten.
MeAndWings
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:39 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post