Our partner

Sleep Walking?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Sleep Walking?

Postby Frank_Darko » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:23 pm

I'm not sure if any of this will be triggering so read at your own risk.

There's one thing that has always eluded me and that is how I wake up with bruises and sometimes scars. A lot of the time I find I have a new bruise that could not have been caused by simply rolling over in my sleep and knocking myself against my desk or wall. When I went on holiday not long ago I was sat at a table with my family. I went to stretch my arms upwards and everyone stopped and starred at me in shock. Someone asked "How did you do that?" I tried to twist my arm to see and my whole elbow was covered in the darkest bruise I've ever seen. I had not noticed and I had not felt any pain at all and I think if I had knocked my elbow consciously I definitely would have felt it.
Bruises tend to end up on my legs though, occasionally on my biceps and very rarely on my face. Ones on my face are usually around my eyes. My partner is a heavy sleeper and so has not noticed anything strange although once I began to talk claiming I had "taken care of the fire" and "not to worry about anything" although I have no recollection of dreaming about a fire.
As well as bruising, scarring and occasional talking I sometimes wake up in different clothes or no clothes at all and sometimes will be at the other end of the bed. It's gotten to a point now where I am really intrigued to know what I am doing.
Frank_Darko
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Sleep Walking?

Postby lifelongthing » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Sounds like an alter getting up at night. Lin used to do that all. the. time. She would go smoke, read, watch tv etc or *'trigger warning** self-injure **end**. Several years ago we had a time period where someone would change PJ's every night etc. So yeah, sounds like that. But of course, you could just be sleep walking. Have you asked inside if anyone knows anything? Best of luck figuring this out :)
lifelongthing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Sleep Walking? TRIGGER WORDS..mild??

Postby dianezz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Frank_Darko,
I have the bruises and owees very very often. I haven't a clue. I dont know if it hapens in the night. And, people will ask me as they ask you , How DID you do that? To be fair ,I do have a form of hemophilia. But I dont see how bruises could happen at hard to reach visable parts of my body and so often. Many of us self harm in hidden places and requires bandages as all dont know of the hemophelia,yet others do and still hurt the body. But my awareness does not show me causing all these bruises. I do explain it away to others as I have a bleeding disorder.
DID PTSD Eat Anx & Panic disorders Depression Mild Aspergers
The Hall
Left Side *Diane18 *Kelly Diane18 *DI 17* *DeeDee13 *Lillian9 *Stupid5 *Bad5 *Little Kelly#2 5 *Dirty? *Kay2 *Afraid5
Right Side *Kelly D18 *Lilly9 *Little Kelly#1 5 *Kellianne2 *KD16 *Dee13 *Giver? *Kel 44 *KellyM ?
Host *Kelly49
dianezz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:19 pm

Postby wronglesson » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:05 pm

I've gotten mystery bruises, too. So bad that I went to the doctor once and they started questioning my home life and relationship with my husband/at that time boyfriend. I've always used the excuse that I bruise easily, cause I have no idea where they came from.

I've also had sleep walking issues. I've woken up standing in the corner of the room or sitting in the living room most of the way through a cigarette. Oddly, it hasn't happened in a while.
Dx: Bipolar &"probably" DID
Main Alters: Jo, host, 28 | Nadia 20 | Rachelle 17 | Theresa 24 | Amelia 27 | Michael 42 | Jessica 4 | Barbara 10 | Danny 7 | Elizabeth 9 | Milana, wolf
Miranda: Blanche 76 | s.i.l.a.n.y. 13 | Ascha 23 | Brant 17
Natalia 16
Lilith
wronglesson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:19 am

Postby Fightforlife » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Cud set a camera up to make sure you're not hurting yourself in the night somehow. Or put some things out by your bed, see if you knocked anything over, to know if you got up in the night :lol:
Poor suggestions. Hope you find the cause though!
Baby(0-1), Rosie(1), Toddler(2), Blu(4), Elise(5), Suzie(6), Mandi(17-19), Carrie(20), host(25), Green(40), Auto pilot, RaGe, & fury, Creature
Fightforlife
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Frank_Darko » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:29 pm

I have thought about setting up a camera but I don't know if I have enough hard drive space on my camera to do that. Also it would feel a lot like "Paranormal Activity" lol, and I'd be scared to see what goes on.
Apparently their is an iPod/iPhone app that records any sound made during the night but unfortunately I can't update my iPod's software so I can't download it.
Frank_Darko
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby LittleRedDogToo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 am

i get up a lot at night
so do the others
the t said we're not supposed to
we get up anyway
she doesn't know what we do
the others do boring stuff
i do important stuff
We're not invited.
LittleRedDogToo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 pm

Postby tragic guardian » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:09 am

I've recorded myself sleeping before too, wondering if i'd been sleep walking. I might try a couple more times though since just one time doesn't always help.

But i found on my laptop, there's a built in webcam, and can actually have a 'surveillence' mode, where it can constant record, or motion sense take images, or whatever. You could see if your webcam has that, if you have a webcam. Just a suggestion.
☥fiat justitia ruat coelum☥

Rex - 22 - Male - Host
Duke - 31? - Male - Alter
non-diagnosed
tragic guardian
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby zest » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:40 pm

Throughout my life I can remember disturbed nights and I was told I sleepwalk. Nowadays I am aware of other aspects (I don't call them alters) being around at night. I remember one night recently standing in the room and knowing I was dead and trying to open the door but not knowing that the door was wedged! Then I came back to me and thought "Oh, I'm not dead". I can be dreaming but at the same time I can hear somebody's thoughts running along below the dream. There is more of this. I think other aspects can be active at night, seems a common thing.
zest
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby lifelongthing » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:02 pm

There is more of this. I think other aspects can be active at night, seems a common thing.

Yes, absolutely. These threads are about this:
dissociative-identity/topic95146.html
dissociative-identity/topic90686.html
dissociative-identity/topic97179.html

Something you might want to look into, as said :)
lifelongthing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post