Our partner

Systematized Dissociative Amnesia

Dissociative Amnesia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Systematized Dissociative Amnesia

Postby OhNoNotAgain » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:23 am

Does anybody else have this kind of Amnesia and have had some difficulty with the perpetrators name or with the names of others that were tied to the trauma. - The type of difficulties might include just simply not being able to put a name to the face, difficulty with pronunciation or being deaf to the name when it is mentioned?
Dissociative Disorder
C-PTSD
Socially Avoidant
Possible Psychosis
OhNoNotAgain
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Systematized Dissociative Amnesia

Postby Una+ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Yup. I used to have a mild "hysterical blindness" where I could not see a certain person in photos and videos in which the person appears. It got to the point where I knew the person had to be in a certain video but still I could not see the person. Then one day I could!
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 am

Postby OhNoNotAgain » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:48 am

Una+, that is even more uncanny - not being able to see someone you know is there in a photo right in front of your eyes!
For me, every time someone mentioned his name I would have to get them to repeat themselves over and over. One person who knew me well even went as far as to put ice in my hand (which worked for the moment) to try and get me to talk about him and accept what happened. Then there were other (less confronting) occasions where I was haunted by his name - I'd be: what are they talking about?..there is that name again...who is he?

I witnessed something nasty happen to a female colleague. When I started having flashbacks of her - for a long time I could not recall her name. It would come to me one day and then the next day, I would have difficulty with the pronunciation and this problem continued until one day I got the opportunity to write it down after recalling what the name looked like written down at work.
Dissociative Disorder
C-PTSD
Socially Avoidant
Possible Psychosis
OhNoNotAgain
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:24 pm

Postby Violarules » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:58 pm

I don't know of this is related to this but something I remember is on the day of the house fire my family had a year and a half ago, my mom told me to email my teachers and officials at school to let them know what happened and it took me about 20 minutes before I finally sent the email because I had a very hard time remembering my teachers' first and last names, which made up their emails. I eventually did, but after having to think about it very hard.
I have ADHD. Possibly have another mental disorder but am not certain.

Viola, Host 26 ADHD, Narcolepsy, Depression (possible DID?)
Cynthia, 17
Jeremy, 22
Sasha, 5
Keith, 10
William, 23
Computer. Female, Age: Unknown. System Manager.
Violarules
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby T.A. Anderson » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Una+ wrote:Yup. I used to have a mild "hysterical blindness" where I could not see a certain person in photos and videos in which the person appears. It got to the point where I knew the person had to be in a certain video but still I could not see the person. Then one day I could!

*TW*
I'm just going to throw this out there. I don't know what, if any, meaning to ascribe to this. If you're like me your going to dismiss it. Perhaps I am not as conscious as I think I am. I was told that hypnosis was used in the rape and forgetting of a girl I know.
Last edited by Partial on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added trigger warning to post
NEO
T.A. Anderson
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby T.A. Anderson » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:32 am

Yep, I am a dissociator too. I've been dissociating from the specifics of what happened to my wife and what I learned from her tragic experience. More so, I have been dissociating from the recognition of one of the biggest myths in hypnosis ie that involuntary states and actions cannot be created with hypnosis. Shock hypnosis is the involuntary induction. The shock hypnosis also makes us much more susceptible to the suggestions. It looks to me as if we were all hinting at this hypnosis thing already. I would contend those were seeds planted by the collective.

What I think can clearly be seen in the particular and peculiar nature of these amnesias are posthypnotic suggestions. Suggestions are typically released via specific cues (words) that were discussed during the hypnosis. Of course in situations such as these release cues are not likely. I sure there ways to release without the cue. Obviously since I myself breached posthypnotic suggestions for amnesia, but for sure you don't want to go through what I did. Talk to your professional and ask if they think a referral to a Colin Ross type might be helpful.

This is the myth that killed Bobby Kennedy.

I think we need to add one to the four existing laws of force

•Gravity
•Electromagnetism
•Weak Nuclear Force
•Strong Nuclear Force
•Dissociation
NEO
T.A. Anderson
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby T.A. Anderson » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:22 pm

T.A. Anderson wrote:Talk to your professional and ask if they think a referral to a Colin Ross type might be helpful.

*TW*
Well . . . uhhh . . . hmm . . . I'm not trying to create unnecessary suspicions but maybe we need to think this through a bit. I was drawing from personal experience and thinking of a situation where the covert hypnosis was done by non-professional criminals. Anyone can be a criminal. Now we are in a bit of a pickle here aren't we. But you all have information that I am not privy to which might easily resolve this.

I HOPE OTHERS CAN SEE THE INCREDIBLE MAGIC THROUGHOUT THIS ENTIRE THREAD. WE ARE POSSESSED BY SPIRITS AND THEY ARE TRYING TO HELP US. THEY TALK THROUGH US WITHOUT OUR KNOWING TO OTHERS HUMANS WHO THEY BELIEVE CAN HELP.
Last edited by Partial on Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added trigger warning to post
NEO
T.A. Anderson
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Violarules » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:48 pm

T.A. Anderson wrote:
T.A. Anderson wrote:Talk to your professional and ask if they think a referral to a Colin Ross type might be helpful.

Well . . . uhhh . . . hmm . . . I'm not trying to create unnecessary suspicions but maybe we need to think this through a bit. I was drawing from personal experience and thinking of a situation where the covert hypnosis was done by non-professional criminals. Anyone can be a criminal. Now we are in a bit of a pickle here aren't we. But you all have information that I am not privy to which might easily resolve this.

I HOPE OTHERS CAN SEE THE INCREDIBLE MAGIC THROUGHOUT THIS ENTIRE THREAD. WE ARE POSSESSED BY SPIRITS AND THEY ARE TRYING TO HELP US. THEY TALK THROUGH US WITHOUT OUR KNOWING TO OTHERS HUMANS WHO THEY BELIEVE CAN HELP.

Are you alright? You seem a bit frazzled.

Cynthia, 17
Jeremy, 22
Sasha, 5
Keith, 10
William, 23
Violarules
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby T.A. Anderson » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:55 am

Thanks. It is a long story. I was being deliberately cryptic trying to avoid incurring my second penalty of the day for telling someone to question the advice of their professional.
NEO
T.A. Anderson
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Violarules » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:06 am

Oh ok. I don't think you need to worry about that here. Honestly, I think questioning the professions is good because it keeps them on their toes and shows that you're not a person that just accepts any kind of treatment. It's good to put your foot down and demand the correct treatment even if the professional thinks otherwise.

Cynthia, 17
Jeremy, 22
Sasha, 5
Keith, 10
William, 23
Violarules
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Dissociative Amnesia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post