Our partner

I feel like I am a different person sometimes...

Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Oliveira

I feel like I am a different person sometimes...

Postby BlackRose98 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:25 am

I don't know, I've been going through a lot of changes these past years. Even my mom has noticed a change in me, that I've been isolating myself in my room and blasting the room with music. I even don't socialize like I used to, and I don't know what's wrong. Recently, meaning a couple of weeks ago, stress and pressure was closing in on me, and I couldn't take it anymore. I felt bad the whole day at school, and then I had to come home to more pressure and more stress. I started balling in my room, blubbering about not wanting to do the things I loved anymore. And then my dad barged in and started playing the guitar, which is another thing I used to love doing, and it was just, too much. I ran out and ran outside, trying to calm myself for ten minutes in the back of my dad's truck. Then, when I finally had the courage to come back inside, I just sat down on the couch with my head down, ignoring everyone until my parents came to me and asked what was wrong. It felt like I was spilling everything out, because I normally keep my emotions bottled up inside me, but it didn't feel good. I was still sad, and I felt like I dissapointed everyone, and that is a really big deal for me, especially for how hard I work all the time. I just, feel so alone, so tired. What is wrong with me?
BlackRose98
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:05 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I feel like I am a different person sometimes...

Postby cloudy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:52 am

You sound depressed. If it helps, I just posted something very similar to much pressure and it all gets to much. Like you I have multiple areas of stress in my life - work, family, friends and I am withdrawing more and more and doing less and less. All issues are basically sh#t and I am having probs with them all.

Are you receiving treatment? Talking to a mental health professional not just a GP but someone who actually knows about mental illness such as a psychiatrist or psychologist can help.
cloudy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Postby Severijn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:58 am

A depression can slowly sneak into your life, so slowly and gradually that you don't really notice any changes.

But you sound depressed and you should really do something about it. The first option is going to a good therapist, the second option is buying some self-help books about depression. (Doing both together probably works even better).

Medications can work, but often they only mask the symptoms without curing the causes. So there's a big chance of having a relapse when you stop taking them. So that's something to think about.

I hope you find a solution for you. Take care.
Severijn
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:05 pm

Postby Dancing is forbidden » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:13 pm

It does sound like you are depressed. in my country, the first step is to see a general practitioner to get a referral to a psychiatrist.

I think the best way to treat depression is to attack it with a holistic approach. See a psychiatrist, try the medications they suggest, read books and research on the internet to make yourself more self aware of your condition, seek therapy to talk about stressors, and build coping skills. Also you can do some natural things to help overcome a bout of depression.....a little bit of sunshine each day, and a small amount of daily exercise. There is some research to suggest fish oil can help fight off depression......there is very weak science to suggest some of the B vitamins can help too.

It can't hurt to try all of the above and hopefully bring youself out of the slump and enjoy life once more

*hugs*
Self awareness doesn't reveal my indiscretions, exhaustion does.
Dancing is forbidden
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:05 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby BlackRose98 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks cloudy, Severijn, and Dancing is forbidden. I will definately look into more research and such on the depression matter, however, I don't know if my parents will allow me to go to a psychiatrist. I've never been to one before, so how do I explain this to my parents? :(
BlackRose98
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:05 pm

Return to Clinical Depression Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post