Our partner

Update/my problems

Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Update/my problems

Postby Caitpika » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:18 am

Hello Everyone! Not sure if you remember me, but a few years ago I felt as if you guys were my best friends (As silly as that sounds haha). You guys helped me with my cutting,depression,anxiety,and all of the wild times that I have suffered through. Now I'm back in school, I haven't hurt myself, I have some friends, and a crush or two. I felt as if though I was back to normal. However, I still have anxiety,and my little fits of ocd that I go through every day. I take my medication everyday(Klonopin & Lexapro). I still haven't gotten an appointment to a therapist though. I have problems that I need to talk about or cope with and I am still seeking for someone to help me. Lately I have felt a lot of depression, my parents argue (They do it everyday, probably since I was born), and there's some drama at school. Mostly I feel very invisible, and I try to make myself noticed, but somehow it feels like no one knows me. I feel sad, like I should have more friends than I have. I feel a lot of remorse for myself, and feel like I hate myself. It's sad, I agree, but what I'm asking is for some help or coping methods in the meantime, until I have therapist. I feel empty and lonely, and my sleep schedule is very messed up. I feel like I'm becoming a bad student even though I try my hardest, and I'm terrified of any test that comes my way. Also, I have been through a rough breakup two weeks ago, and just managed to find myself in a relationship. She is great and I like her, but I feel like I really need time to sort out my things, I want to reverse myself to not have moved this fast and go into a relationship, but I just have to live with it because I just asked her yesterday to be my girlfriend! Like an idiot, and I have found myself to still have a crush on a guy with a girlfriend! Basically I just feel like trash and I need help to stay less stressed, less depressed and more happy. If anyone could help me, I owe you my life! Seriously!
Caitpika
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Update/my problems

Postby loneman » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:06 am

All I can say is I understand how difficult things can be. It sounds like you don't have much support, and that can be very tough, especially when you are at a young age, as it sounds like you are. Teenage years are some of the toughest for lots of kids, add in depression, anxiety, then mix in little to no support, and it can be extremely tough.

I'm sorry you are struggling. No one should have to experience the mind turning on itself like it does with mental illness.

Just know that things can improve. Seek support from your parents, Aunts, Uncles, anyone that you trust, and is understanding, if at all possible. I know it seems like no one cares a lot of times, and your feelings are all over the place.

Take care, and look forward to a better future :D
loneman
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:34 am

Re: Update/my problems

Postby Bill4315 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:11 am

I would try therapy as an option, it allows you to deal with issues that are not addressed by medication. Best of luck, sounds like you are already doing much better.
Bill4315
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:34 am

Return to Clinical Depression Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post