Our partner

Update on my situation *TW*

Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Update on my situation *TW*

Postby malfif » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi there!

I was active on psychforums until about two years ago, and feel that I need to post an update just in case those who read my earlier posts were curious. If you're not, then that's fine. I'm not expecting strangers to take an interest in my personal business.

Firstly:

To those of you who wrote me posts of support - THANK YOU! I know it's long overdue. Back then, when I read your responses, it shook me to the core. It was the first time ever that people had told me that what happened to me was wrong, and that there was nothing wrong with me. It was like a positive traumatic effect, it touched me deeply. For that reason, I was unable to write you sincere "thank you" reply at the time. I apologize.

And thank you also to the member who sent me a LONG message of support to my inbox. You wrote that you hoped I wouldn't interpret your sympathy as out of line. I realise now that me not responding to your message must have given you precisely that idea. Sorry.

*Possible trigger warning*
Secondly:

I did as I said I would. I got rid of my home and all my possessions, flew abroad, threw away my passport, and attempted to commit suicide. Obviously, it didn't work. And I don't recommend any of you to try and kill yourselves overseas. The legal fuss of getting me home was a nightmare, especially without any ID.
*end trigger warning*

The positive that came out of this is that when I got back to my own country, and my new therapist heard of my little escapade, people finally realised how damaging it was to have my family around. The psychiatric institution has done everything in their power ever since to make sure I don't ever have to see my family again.

I was at a psychiatric ward overseas for 2,5 months. When I came back home I was immediatly sent to another psychiatric ward, where I stayed for an additional two months. So... almost five months in institutions. But I honestly didn't notice, I was so off my head.

I'm still suicidal, but I now have a brilliant therapist who is determined to get to the root of my issues by going threw my entire life in detail. She's wonderful.

We'll see how much longer I can stick it out.

That's all from me.

Please don't feel pressured to write something in this thread just to be nice.
It's quite alright.
Last edited by quietgirl2538 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited for a TW
malfif
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Clinical Depression Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post