Our partner

Foreign body dissociation

Depersonalization Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Foreign body dissociation

Postby Colorsofme » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:27 am

Hi

I am a 32 year old college educated female going through a lot of scary new mental symptoms. I never had any mental disorders symptoms until this year. My only medical history is a migraine with aura sufferer since 13yrs old. I have a bad history with migraines but in the worst of migraines (hospital) I never had cognitive effects. I have had my anxietys worrying about my health from these but never interfered with my life or work life long term.
These new symptoms started last year after a scary episode of full vertigo from a bad flu. I was so scared as I get bad anxiety from Dizziness associated with migraines. This vertigo was very stressful and scary for me. I recovered fully in a week From the actual flu and vertigo. I resumed normal
Activity and work. Then the following week in the evening I
Got a sudden flush through my body and felt disoriented. I tried to ignore it and figured it maybe symptoms after a flu. That night I felt like I had no control over my body and couldn't even fall asleep. This lasted for three days of feel My disconnected dissociated from sleep. After that I was able To sleep but only for a few hours which is unusual for me as I am heavy sleeper 7-10 hours usually. I was sleeping daytime better. I usually have Alot of energy and career stress so sleeping deep has been my normal since a kid. After these episodes each day I felt worse as if everything around me and my body looked foreign even feeling sensations and emotions felt scary. I couldn't work for month when it was at its worst and would gives small reliefs I really couldn't think like I normally do and easiest of my job tasks seems confusing. I went to dr embarrassed to explain
These new mental symptoms And compalined of continiued dizziness.He checked basic blood work and all was normal. I did have mri last year for my annual checkup due to migraines and that was normal. I know am Working from home with a leave for vertigo. But the symptoms are only getting worse. I am focused on my bodily functions being hyper aware more than living. I feel so disconnected with my body and feels so
Foreign to me. I feel as if I'm Manually breathing when speaking feeling short of breath and I am scared this state of panic will not go away. Feel like a body not a person. Has anyone been able to relate? Thank you any information appreciated it.
Colorsofme
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Foreign body dissociation

Postby atina » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:36 pm

Dear Colorsofme:

Yes, I can relate and just felt fear relating. I've been focused on my bodily functioning (I don't want to give details so to not, potentially, introduce new ideas for your focusing). A regular yoga practice may help you, slow yoga, a class, maybe? I've done that and it was helpful. Daily aerobic exercise was also helpful, a daily fast walk of 30 minutes or so. A daily routine of exercise, yoga, fast walking, your choice.. can help. Like my therapist said, "Let's get physical" is helpful in occupying your body again, as your body, comfortably. Hot baths are life savers for me, at times of greater anxiety.

There is this yoga/ stretching "chest opener" stretch that helps me a lot with anxiety, it is the opening of the chest, allows for better breathing; it feels really good, especially if you do it outside, while taking a walk, taking a break for that chest opening pose/ stretch. I like it.

Try it, let me know...?

atina
atina
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Depersonalization Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post