Our partner

Has anyone recovered from blank mind?

Depersonalization Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Has anyone recovered from blank mind?

Postby Motame » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:48 pm

I have recovered. When I was 15, I had a panic attack so severe, that I blacked out and fell on my friend's bed. When I came to, I felt emotionless. I felt as if I were not completely human; like I was an empty shell walking around and not seeing things the way I used to. Someone could touch my arm, and it did not feel the same. I had no motivation. If I felt anything, it was fear. I knew it was time to finally tell a professional how I was feeling, because I was certain that I would not live to see 16.

I experienced a lot of emotional trauma as a child. I started having panic attacks and severe anxiety at the age of 8. My anxiety reached a peak when I was 11. Then it kinda calmed down a bit once I turned 12. At age 14, it became severe again, and reached the highest peak at age 15. That's when I experienced Depersonalization. Nothing felt real. I felt empty and blank. I finally visited my Psychiatrist and told him exactly how I felt. He diagnosed me with OCD, PTSD, panic disorder, depression (brought on by everything else), Depersonalization disorder, and anxiety. He prescribed me with Lexapro. Within 1-2 weeks, I felt my emotions coming back. The fear and panic dulled tremendously, and I was able to feel brave and happy again. It was like someone opened the curtains in a window, and the sun was shining through. I honestly never thought it was possible to recover from that Hell. That was the worst I had ever felt. Feeling like that can make you lose hope. But never let go of your hope, no matter what. I am now 25 and I love my life. I haven't had a Depersonalized episode since that day.
Motame
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby igork » Wed May 03, 2017 9:11 pm

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Motame, do you feel that the Lexapro made you recover from the blank mind/DP? Are you still on that medication?
igork
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Postby Motame » Thu May 04, 2017 5:34 pm

igork wrote:Thanks for the replies, guys.

Motame, do you feel that the Lexapro made you recover from the blank mind/DP? Are you still on that medication?

I noticed you sent me a message, but I will answer here, as well. The answer is, absolutely. I felt myself recovering within 1-2 weeks after taking it. Trust me when I say this; I never thought I could recover from what I was going through. I nearly convinced myself that I died and woke back up and what I was going through was Hell. I nearly convinced myself that I was not real anymore. At times, I felt as if I were experiencing psychosis. But, fortunately, it didn't reach that point.
Motame
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby igork » Fri May 05, 2017 2:07 am

Thank you, once again, for the encouraging reply.
igork
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Motame » Fri May 19, 2017 3:35 pm

igork wrote:Thank you, once again, for the encouraging reply.

You're very welcome! How are you feeling?
Motame
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby igork » Fri May 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Motame wrote:
igork wrote:Thank you, once again, for the encouraging reply.

You're very welcome! How are you feeling?

Awful. Thanks for asking, though. Not sure if I should get on meds or what to do...blank mind 24/7, feeling totally lost, confused, disconnected. It's like a sort of madness.
igork
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby truenightmare » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:47 am

Sorry to hear dude, i also feel the •blank mind• 24/7 for a year since trauma, its like your a ghost of yourself and the constant torment of remembering your old interests and self is horrendous. Nothingg stimulates and you are like a zombie or like having the attention span of a gold fish, hopefully we return to normality but who knows its the brain\soul connection that i dont have enough faith and opion to exsplain after this. I had normal brain fog before this and dp\dr but this is a whole increased level of $#%^...
Im here with you thats all i can say life is over before it began.
truenightmare
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:26 am

Postby igork » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:16 pm

truenightmare wrote:Sorry to hear dude, i also feel the •blank mind• 24/7 for a year since trauma, its like your a ghost of yourself and the constant torment of remembering your old interests and self is horrendous. Nothingg stimulates and you are like a zombie or like having the attention span of a gold fish, hopefully we return to normality but who knows its the brain\soul connection that i dont have enough faith and opion to exsplain after this. I had normal brain fog before this and dp\dr but this is a whole increased level of $#%^...
Im here with you thats all i can say life is over before it began.

I'm sorry to hear that, I can totally relate. I also had brain fog and dp/dr and pretty strong depression before the blank mind occurred one morning, after experiencing strong negative thoughts and emotions. Are you currently in any sort of treatment for this (therapy or meds)? I hear exercise and yoga may help, as well as therapy. May I ask your age?
igork
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Mixxforceit » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:16 am

Hey igork,

How are you getting on? Any improvement in how you're feeling or any break throughs that have helped you? I've been suffering with a similar issue to what you've been experiencing and I haven't yet sought any proffesional help but it's crippling me. Was really relieving to hear people have actually recovered but i'm still pretty cut up about the state i'm in at the moment and would love to hear how you're getting on.

All the best,

Max
Mixxforceit
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Previous

Return to Depersonalization Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views