Our partner

Has anyone recovered from blank mind?

Depersonalization Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Has anyone recovered from blank mind?

Postby Motame » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:48 pm

I have recovered. When I was 15, I had a panic attack so severe, that I blacked out and fell on my friend's bed. When I came to, I felt emotionless. I felt as if I were not completely human; like I was an empty shell walking around and not seeing things the way I used to. Someone could touch my arm, and it did not feel the same. I had no motivation. If I felt anything, it was fear. I knew it was time to finally tell a professional how I was feeling, because I was certain that I would not live to see 16.

I experienced a lot of emotional trauma as a child. I started having panic attacks and severe anxiety at the age of 8. My anxiety reached a peak when I was 11. Then it kinda calmed down a bit once I turned 12. At age 14, it became severe again, and reached the highest peak at age 15. That's when I experienced Depersonalization. Nothing felt real. I felt empty and blank. I finally visited my Psychiatrist and told him exactly how I felt. He diagnosed me with OCD, PTSD, panic disorder, depression (brought on by everything else), Depersonalization disorder, and anxiety. He prescribed me with Lexapro. Within 1-2 weeks, I felt my emotions coming back. The fear and panic dulled tremendously, and I was able to feel brave and happy again. It was like someone opened the curtains in a window, and the sun was shining through. I honestly never thought it was possible to recover from that Hell. That was the worst I had ever felt. Feeling like that can make you lose hope. But never let go of your hope, no matter what. I am now 25 and I love my life. I haven't had a Depersonalized episode since that day.
Motame
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue May 23, 2017 8:21 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby igork » Wed May 03, 2017 9:11 pm

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Motame, do you feel that the Lexapro made you recover from the blank mind/DP? Are you still on that medication?
igork
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue May 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Postby Motame » Thu May 04, 2017 5:34 pm

igork wrote:Thanks for the replies, guys.

Motame, do you feel that the Lexapro made you recover from the blank mind/DP? Are you still on that medication?

I noticed you sent me a message, but I will answer here, as well. The answer is, absolutely. I felt myself recovering within 1-2 weeks after taking it. Trust me when I say this; I never thought I could recover from what I was going through. I nearly convinced myself that I died and woke back up and what I was going through was Hell. I nearly convinced myself that I was not real anymore. At times, I felt as if I were experiencing psychosis. But, fortunately, it didn't reach that point.
Motame
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby igork » Fri May 05, 2017 2:07 am

Thank you, once again, for the encouraging reply.
igork
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue May 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Postby Motame » Fri May 19, 2017 3:35 pm

igork wrote:Thank you, once again, for the encouraging reply.

You're very welcome! How are you feeling?
Motame
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Previous

Return to Depersonalization Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post