Our partner

DPD Questions

Depersonalization Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

DPD Questions

Postby miloslav » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:43 pm

So my gf has this, and I have done a lot of reading on it. From what I understand it is just an extreme symptom of anxiety. Like the next level after panic attack. I figure she could help control it by getting her anxiety in check and thus far it seems to have worked. She hasnt had an episode for a year or so now. I figured it was the same as talking yourself down from anxiousness or nervousness before a big interview. Just more intensified. Juat told her to keep reminding herself it's just anxiety and theres no reason to let it take over. I may be wrong, it may just be a fluke for now, so I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts or opinions on this?
"We are all damaged, and we are all by-products of that damage."
miloslav
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: DPD Questions

Postby Partial » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:38 am

Depersonalization can be a result of anxiety (as well as other mental illnesses), but is not actually a level of anxiety attack or panic attack. One of the biggest causes is actually, but not exclusively, trauma, particularly as a child. If things get worse, or her current methods stop working, then a therapist can offer advice on dealing with episodes. If you have any questions feel free to ask :D .
ADHD, Depersonalization Disorder
Partial
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Depersonalization Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post