Our partner

"Coincidences" that reinforce delusions

Delusional Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: "Coincidences" that reinforce delusions

Postby UnB743 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:51 pm

Look up synchronicity as well Bc it is a real thing like the laws of physics which some people are more perceptive to. It's interesting and it makes me feel less crazy.
UnB743
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:03 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby T.A. Anderson » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:36 am

Ya. For me believing it is all a coincidence is what would be a delusion. Far too much and far too meaningful. But synchroncity doesn't always have to have meaning. Sometimes its just God's way of saying Hello.

I can now join Carl Jung and say "I don't believe . . . I know."
NEO
T.A. Anderson
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby huytongirl » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:49 pm

My ex had a version of this. He lives with his parents who are in their 80s and very ill. He says that he is safe there, because no one would dare attack him in a house with elderly people in it. You could not shift his certainty on this point. Now, I would say that the fact that there are two elderly people in the house would mean nothing to someone who wanted to break in and hurt someone - simply make the attack easier. But he has to have some explanation of why the attack hasn't happened. So this is it.

He also believed he was being poisoned. He would say, "It's been a few weeks since I've seen X or Y, I haven't felt as ill lately, so they must have been poisoning me."

For people with paranoia, anything can be used as evidence. Anything at all.

I know they can't help it, but I can't help being exhausted by it, or being (selfishly) miserable because it didn't work out, because he isn't who I thought he is, and I can't live with the illness he has and what it has done to him.
huytongirl
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby T.A. Anderson » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:49 pm

DO NOT EXIST.

I got this straight from the source of this bullsheet. An invisible friend of mine . . . a former CIA spook.
Get real people. What I say is true.
Star gate.jpg
NEO
T.A. Anderson
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby sixprime » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:48 pm

My astrological sign (Scorpio) describes me so exactly that it's unnerving, because I don't believe in astrology.
sixprime
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:03 am

Postby UnB743 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:02 pm

Its been about two months now since I've been off stimulants (vyvanse) and what a world of a difference.

I don't experience all the coincidences, signs, messages, and synchrinocities I used to experience while on the vyvanse. Some may say I was delusional but I don't believe that. I truly believe that medicines like that can bring you to a higher level of consciousness where you are more in time the world and every detail of your surroundings.

While I do feel better off the meds I will always remember that interesting and magical world where everything seemed to pop out at me like I had special powers or something-I am much better off on this level of consciousness where I am not so distracted by the world around me and not left in aw as to how to make it all make sense.

God didn't intend for is to be on that level if He did then it wouldn't be so confusing nor would people define you as crazy or absurd.

God has given me peace now which I ever so greatful.
UnB743
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:03 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to Delusional Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post