Our partner

Is my wife having delusions?

Delusional Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Sunnyg

Is my wife having delusions?

Postby BeingLimitless » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:59 am

Been married for 15 yrs and have 3 kids. A week ago she told me she's in love with someone else. This someone else turns out to be an individual who is famous and located across the world. She is into Wiccan type practices and says they communicate spiritually. He doesn't have any social media but she swears he has Twitter and FB. She says he leaves messages for her through Twitter and FB. She has already packed her bags and says he is coming to get her and our kids. All of this was out of nowhere​. I'm really at a lost for words and would love any type of advice.
BeingLimitless
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is my wife having delusions?

Postby Dexter84 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:20 pm

I am in a very similar situation. Been married for 15 years, 2 kids. My wife believes she is in love with someone else (not a famous person, but a person with higher socio-economic status). There is no social media contact - their only contact is telepathic. They have astral sex together and can project thoughts and feelings at each other throughout the day, Oh, and she originally made this contact because a supernatural entity told her that I was a bad husband and she needed to find True Love with this guy. Now, I'm no psychologist, but I'm leaning towards my personal opinion of delusional disorder...
Last edited by mark1958 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: can not diagnose by rule
Dexter84
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby BeingLimitless » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:48 pm

Dexter84
Thank you so much. I'm not alone. How are you handling this? Are the ikds and her still living with you? Is she willing to go to treatment.
BeingLimitless
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Dexter84 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:49 pm

One thing I am trying to find out is whether there is any effective treatment. My understanding of it so far is that delusional disorder can be mitigated by medication but cannot be "cured". In other words, the problem is never going to go away.
Dexter84
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby BeingLimitless » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:22 pm

Dexter84 wrote:One thing I am trying to find out is whether there is any effective treatment. My understanding of it so far is that delusional disorder can be mitigated by medication but cannot be "cured". In other words, the problem is never going to go away.

That is very disturbing to hear. My wife literally has nothing to do with me anymore. All she does is "telepathically" talk to this actor, she now says they are married spiritually. She will not go to treatment, not even when I told her it was for me and I only needed support. I pay for everything, which I don't mind, but it's hard when the woman you so deeply love spends your money while delusionally loving an actor.

She actually took the kids out today and has been gone for 4 hrs so far, first time in a month. This is truly like living in hell.
BeingLimitless
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby herculeanhercules » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:00 pm

This is the approach I took. My ex-wife's family and I contacted the CPS and reported her delusional thoughts and behavior. All of us gave them written statements. CPS did a psychological evaluation of her... She fought against this... After a rollercoaster, she eventually ended up in a psych ward and got the help she needed. She's taking her medication and is functional now.
herculeanhercules
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:13 am

Return to Delusional Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post