Our partner

Do you think it is erotomania ? need help ... !!

Delusional Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Do you think it is erotomania ? need help ... !!

Postby chochou » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:03 pm

Hello everybody, i am here 'cause i need some help ...

Actually, i and a friend of mine are worried becoz' of a guy (Matt) we met at college...

First day of college, my friend meets a guy who seems pretty normal...they were both volunteer to do a welcome speech for all the new sophomores ...
Then, this guy was by chance in the class of my friend (at first he wasn't but he asked to get transferred when it was still possible ...)
He seemed to be a loner, and one day he saw us at the cafeteria and came to eat with us ... We saw that he seemed pretty stressed, like he was having tremors, eyes shining, blushing, we said ok he seems to be a lil shy ...
Then he got used to come every other day eat with us, but wasn't saying a word unless talked to ... eyes down, head down, one day he even did a terryfying 'tremor attack' (he was liked about to die, maybe that was panick attack...)

Another day, he was walking, and once he saw my friend, he blushed, started to smile like a psychopaht on his own, sat dow, did't say a word but started like he was daydreaming or talking on his own and smiling alone from time to time ...
Then when we said bye to him he only looked at my friend a say bye with a BIIGGG smile, which was totally creepy ...

Then he stopped coming to eat but was still sitting next to my friend at every class .... he did not try to socialize with the others guys at college which was pretty strange ...

Then, he asked my friend to do scholar projets and presentations with her, which she accepted ...

But when working with her, he suddenly turned mean and rude, she did not know why ...

However, she noticed he was intrusive in her life, like once he asked her for personal e mail address which he did not need since at college we all communicate via university email (even i, i dont' have her personnel e mail ..)

After a while, we started to avoid him, but suddenly, he was starting telling EVERYBODY : he has a GF !!!
I mean ok, great, good for you, the prob is that he had also told everybody that my friend wanted to get with him in a romantic Relationship which was totally false since we she only used to talk to him fr work ...

There was a female teacher he was very close to (she was like his mom';)); one day she said we are going to do a lil party in clas ad everybody had to bring something to eat ... all of a sudden she asked : who has a GF in this class (obviously mister strangeness raised his hand), and then, my friend had found a little queen figurine in a her cake , and the teacher aasked her : so, who is your king ? she said 'no one' and then the teach' insisted : who do u usually work with in labs, etc ... : she was trying to force her to say his name !! that was pretty embarassing, as i was also sorry for my friend (maybe he had told the teacher my friend was following him ...)

But the most scary happened one week ago : my friend's older sis came to help her back up her stuff since she was settling in uside of the campus ...
We had not seen Matt for a month because of exams, etc ... , but my friend had sent him a email (it was on saturday) asking him to come to finish the last project of the year....

However, he did not come, but insted, he has followed her sis while she was walking with a lugage (there were still next to college), and when she stopped to get back something thaht had fell on the ground, he got next to her, eyes to eyes, and launched her a scary glance, she thought it was a guy coming out of psych hospital (he had a hood on his head), but her sis recognized him since she had seen him twice on campus ... he went on his way ... she did not know what to do, should she call police ...

At the same time, my friends'parents are being harassed on their phone, they don't know if Matt's behind it ...

On Monday he comes to see my friend and says (oh in fact her name's Linda) and says : Oh linda i'm sorry, i hadn't checked my emails, i thought you would call me or at least send a message ;;hihi[ ;( creeppyyy ...]

We think he is suffering a delusional disorder called erotomania, please just read the defintion on internet and telle us what you think ...(or at least a psychosis or personality disorder, please share points of view ...)

There are a lot of other things, but i cant say everything, like he knows she has an oral exam at 2pm, he passes by at 1:55 pm in front of the exam room where linda's waiting ... (but i may be a coincidence, we won't talk about it ..)

PS : Please look at the def of erotomania and tell us if it is the case or ot in your opinion (thks a lot for your help ;)) or any other type of psychosis maybe ?

Thks ;)
chochou
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Do you think it is erotomania ? need help ... !!

Postby chochou » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Please people who are reading try to give some help ...
And also who are familiar with this kind of situation ...

Thks a lot ...
chochou
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Sunnyg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:47 pm

If you are concerned for your safety or your friends safety, contact the authorities.

This doesn't sound typical for psychosis, but I'm not a doctor. I'd recommend you go to your school counselor and get an opinion on this story from someone in your community who knows the teacher, can help you figure out what to do, if the young man is stalking your friend. Stalkers are not always erotomanic. Take care of you. If you are stressed from this, seek support service for you.
"I trust that if I start to fall off the ladder of life again, others will pick me back up and put me back on."
-Sunnyg
Sunnyg
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (12)

Postby chochou » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:02 pm

First of all thks a lottt for your answer ...

In fact, the reason why we think it is psychosis is that he is acting so unlogically, don't you think so ?
Moreover, the strange crisis that he used to do were also very frightening ...

In your opinion, why would he act this way ?

If you know someone on this forum who know more about erotomania, please let them know about my topic ...

Thk you for all the advices ;)
chochou
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby chochou » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Is there smone to help ?
chochou
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby chochou » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:20 pm

Someone to help please ???
chochou
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby jsmith040569 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi ChoChou. I am not a doctor, but am heavily immersed in studying the field of psychology. I do not believe what you described is erotomania? Unfortunately, without the person seeing a doctor for diagnosis it is difficult to know for sure. Because of the odd behavior, I would be more likely to lean towards Schizotypal Personality Disorder or Schizoid Personalty Disorder. You can Google them or find details in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders version 5 (DSM-5).

If you and your friend do not feel safe, then follow your instincts and avoid further contact with this person. If he persists, contact Campus Security or the Police.
jsmith040569
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

Postby chochou » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:23 pm

i am upping this topic if someone wants to intervene ...
chochou
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Delusional Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post