Our partner

Please help

Delusional Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Sunnyg

Please help

Postby Otulissa » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Im at my wits end, I cant stop doubting what if the world isn't real, what if I created it with my mind? But its not like I fully believe it, but it feels like my brain is trying to force me to believe it. I can tell something is wrong. I wish I knew what was going on, ive had this since October 2012 constantly, I feel like ive lost my family and ill never be the same. Im finally seeing a pdoc next week but im so afraid they wont be able to help. Could this be psychosis? People say if im questioning if it is it isn't, but its like im split between the rational and irrational.
Otulissa
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Please help

Postby Sunnyg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:55 pm

Dear Otulissa,
I hope you get the care you need with the pdoc. I think having a psychiatrist will be good. If nothing else they will help you with your anxiety about your thoughts, and get you in to help you. There are lots of people on this site who are super supportive.
Best,
Sunny
"A wise woman wishes to be no one's enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone's victim."
Maya Angelou
Sunnyg
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:18 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby Otulissa » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:34 am

I don't want to think about this stuff forever, im so afraid the pdoc wont be able to help me. I don't understand how medicine could help with thoughts :(
Otulissa
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby NinjaStar » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:48 pm

He will help you as much as you are willing to accept his help... For some of us, myself included, it is difficult to trust providers. My recommendation is to work to establish trust with your pdoc. The more you trust/like each other, the better the results will be. Good luck!
NinjaStar
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:18 am

Postby Otulissa » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:54 pm

He was very nice, and said it was either ocd, or the edge of psychosis. Ive been on 2mg of abilify for a week. But I don't know what to expect in regards to fixing thoughts. Should they start feeling untrue if its a psychosis?
Otulissa
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Sunnyg » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:40 pm

Hi Otsulissa,
I recommend keeping a list of any things that bother you. Thoughts, symptoms, etc. Behaviors too. Seeing hearing or otherwise remembering things that others do not experience are things you want to report. Hope that helps. Keeping a journal of your symptoms a few times a day, by writing how you feel at that moment, and what you are worried about will be good information to track your condition.
Sunny
"A wise woman wishes to be no one's enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone's victim."
Maya Angelou
Sunnyg

Local time: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:18 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

Return to Delusional Disorder Forum