Our partner

Effects Of Cyclothymia On My Relationship

Cyclothymia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: masquerade, Oliveira

Effects Of Cyclothymia On My Relationship

Postby ThinkinCappie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:32 am

Hello, I am new here!
I would like to share a story of mine in which I've went through from my dating life.

I'm 18 this year and this disorder has made me lose some of the best relationships I had.
Recently, I've just broken up with my girlfriend because she totally couldn't stand the fluctuation of my moods. At some point, I knew what I was feeling was wrong.. I struggled against the demon within, but futile.

Years ago, I thought it was just the hormones from my puberty.. :?
But not until recently when I was surfing the web and was reading the symptoms of Cyclothymia Disorder and realized I fulfilled almost all of the symptoms.

I'm feeling terrible right now, losing someone I love so much to something I can't help against.
Sigh.
ThinkinCappie
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Effects Of Cyclothymia On My Relationship

Postby CrackedGirl » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:28 am

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry your relationship broke up because of your being unwell. If you think you have cyclothymia I would suggest you see a Dr to have this confirmed and have a decision made on treatment as things can be better than they are now. Keep posting and let us know how you are.

Cracked
Thank God you're not the jury, thank God I'm not the judge
Here's to a bigger picture, here's to the bigger love!

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

Liberal Backslider

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:14 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

Re: Effects Of Cyclothymia On My Relationship

Postby Dark_in_the_Light » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:22 am

Welcome, ThinkinCappie.

I hope I can show you a bright side to what you've been through. You have some memories of how your problem has affected you in a bad way. That can be part of your motivation to find out exactly what's wrong and what you can do about it so you can minimize the chance of it happening again. Do as CrackedGirl said. See a doctor. I didn't find out about cyclothymia until I was 38. I wish I had known about it when I was 17. I'm not the kind of person who dwells on how things could have been different, but I know some thing could have been.

Also, you and your former girlfriend are changing. There aren't a lot of 17 year old boyfriend-girlfriend pairs who are still together at 25. We've all heard about high school sweethearts who get married and live happily ever after, but that's not the norm. I hope the fact that the breakup happened doesn't seem so bad in that light. Don't take me as trying to diminish the value of the relationship. I'm not. I'm looking for a decent way to say that you and she have learned a little more about yourselves. You each know a little more about what you need in a partner. And in that way, you're like everybody else who didn't marry the same person they dated in high school.

There. You're more normal than you thought. :) I wish you both good luck.
"As a painter, I will never amount to anything important. I am absolutely sure of it." -- Vincent Van Gogh
Dark_in_the_Light
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:14 am
Blog: View Blog (11)

Return to Cyclothymia

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post