Our partner

Picking scabs *Trigger*

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: lilyfairy, Snaga

Re: Picking scabs

Postby CrackedGirl » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm

You can see you are not alone - and welcome to the forum. I wonder what support you have for the drinking and for this. It might be worth bringing up with a therapist if you have one as I think it would help you and it sounds like you need some help with this.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:32 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby RainingFire » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:01 pm

I pick at the sides of my fingers too, sometimes it gets soo sore. Ugh :(

And DarkDreamer19 , I went one day without cutting or drinking (it was Saturday night, i was too hungover from Friday night to eat or drink anything). But that counts! So let's hear another story about Kim!
- 23 yr old psych student w/ Bi Polar Disorder.. (recent issue: Nothing much. Finally in a hopeful mood, but def not manic or anything. I'm still in my usual alcohol-craving state though, can't get that outta my mind. as of 02/17/2012)
RainingFire
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:32 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Deadtwice » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:57 am

Ya I'm really bad for this. I pick my scabs and then eat them. I know really weird but it makes me feel better just like playing with the blood. Just now my hands are covered in scars and scabs that never will heal. :roll:
Sorry about my spelling and grammar. I am learning disabled and the spell check on my i-pod doesn't always work well. =\
Deadtwice
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:32 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby DarkDreamer19 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:05 am

Haha, alright here is you're story!

Kim was on a date with her boyfriend, she was watching her old favorite tv show with him, "Reading Rainbow," ( This was her boyfriends idea ) but as soon as the intro music came on, Rosie took over and started to sing and wiggle around in the chair. The theme of that show was magic hats that took you places when you put them on...so Rosie made Kim's boyfriend find a hat and wear it with her. She even made him ride the back of a chair like a "horse-ie" and after that she tried to read him a book, of course Rosie didn't really know any words, after a few minutes her boyfriend would say the word. And Rosie would puff up her checks and say, "hey, I'm reading it! ... ... what's that word?" Haha, she even chased his cat around screaming, "you can be my fish!" Haha!

How was that? worth going the whole day without drinking or pulling scabs?
Kimberly - 21 - Host - (( † Tainted Dove † ))
Kohaku - 19 - Protector
Angel - 25 - Protector
Vex - 21 - Ghost
Raven - 19 - Abuser
Vincent - 18 - Abuser
Axel - 18 - Abuser/Protector
Rosie - 7 - Abused Child
Alice - 13 - Abused Child
Suffers from: schizophrenia, abuse, learning Disableity, DID, and MDD
DarkDreamer19
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:32 am

Postby kanin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:38 am

I picked scabs when I was little, basically my entire life. It wasn't to hurt myself. I just liked the blood. I still do it but I have more control. After about a week, I bandage the wound until it's mostly healed and doesn't bleed as easily. I lose interest after that.

I have one on my leg right now I've been messing with but it was intentional.

Umm, trying to quit? Itch-relieving creme, kid bandaids (harder to pull off, deterrent to messing with it). Cut your nails as short as possible and if you scratch, use the pads of your fingers and pressure, not nails. After it's mostly healed, use looser bandaids so it can breathe but you can't see it. On the scars, use scar-lessening creme? Some of them apparently work. I don't know because I've never used them for any significant amount of time. I like my scars.
kanin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby realmofsoftdelusions » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:47 pm

I do all the stuff in this thread... picking scabs, messing with the skin around my fingers and cuticles etc, and I like seeing blood sometimes. Eventually I get pissed off because I realize this thing could have healed 100 times if I hadn't messed with it. I'm currently trying not to screw with one of my big toes because I used a tool (trying not to trigger) on it and have a pretty big wound.

The fingers stuff is the worst. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember and don't know how I'll ever stop.
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

Dx: MDD, PTSD, DID
realmofsoftdelusions
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby RainingFire » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:56 am

Thanks all for the replies on my first-ever post :) It's very good to know I'm not alone.

I will definitely try some of these techniques... Especially forcing myself to wear pants all the time. That helps a ton because I don't see them, so I don't even think about picking. My mind's usually on other things, like school, work, or alcohol, lol. I just need to get it out of my sight. I really want to look good in my halloween costume and be able to show some leg!

DarkDreamer, I like your story lol. You have a very interesting life; I have never come across someone with the situation you have, and it's cool how you write about it so well. That's also awesome you have an understanding bf (well, I assume he's understanding :) ). I'd like to hear more stories. I'll try and not pick/drink , however today is already not that kind of a day.

To the other scab pickers, do you have certain types of scabs that are more enticing to you than other ones? I like the ones that have a really dark color on them, and you just KNOW that those are the ones that will cause blood to really pool up once you pick them. It's worth waiting a day or two for it to get that point. Just throwing that out there, if that makes sense to anyone...

(note: I'm sorry if any of this is triggering. Please let me know! I'm still new to the rules/regulations in a psych forum!)
- 23 yr old psych student w/ Bi Polar Disorder.. (recent issue: Nothing much. Finally in a hopeful mood, but def not manic or anything. I'm still in my usual alcohol-craving state though, can't get that outta my mind. as of 02/17/2012)
RainingFire
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:32 am

Postby Deadtwice » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:26 am

I like picking at any blemish on my skin but blood makes it much better. Funny story (maybe triggering) :
I was in class and one of my scabs started bothering me so I stabbed it with my pencil and for a while I just watched it bleed. I couldn't help myself anymore so I began to write and draw on my homework with my blood. One of my friends reached over and bumped my arm so I tucked my sleeve over the wound. She also cuts so I was worried hat I may have triggered her. Later that day I caught up with her and apologized she said it bother her. She said she smelled the blood and then saw me and the teacher looking over my shoulder turning greener by the minute. I was to foucased on my blood to notice. For awhile afterwards we joked if I got called to guidance we knew what it was about.
Sorry about my spelling and grammar. I am learning disabled and the spell check on my i-pod doesn't always work well. =\
Deadtwice
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby CrackedGirl » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:34 am

RainingFire I have put a trigger on your post title.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:32 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

Re: Picking scabs *Trigger*

Postby kanin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Heehee, Cracked's trigger happy.

Why exactly haven't you just put a general trigger at the top of the CandSI forum like the ASPD forum? Isn't it pretty much assumed that everything in this forum could be a trigger?
kanin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post