Our partner

Looking for Help ?

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Looking for Help ?

Postby OleputRMG » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:55 pm

My daughter (21) started having episodes of facial spams progressing to arm and leg jerking, eye twitching etc.... We have done all the medical stuff probably everyone here knows about, all the tests, scans, MRI, Cat Scans, blood work, etc and nothing has come back showing anything "medically wrong". She is also affected with Ocular Toxoplasmosis, which has reduced her vision somewhat.

The doctors here basically think it is neurological, and thinks it is caused by stress and anxiety. We've tried therapists which hasnt really helped.

She is prescribed and taking Atavan and Loritab, but all that does is put her asleep.

Needless to say, we're at a loss as what to do and being a parent without being able to help your child is really wearing on us.

Can someone recommend a clinic, hospital or names of doctors anywhere in the USA we can contact to see if we can get some qualified help?

If you have had good results with a drug or form of therapy, we sure would appreciate hearing from you.

Urgently waiting for help.
Thanks
RMG
OleputRMG
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Looking for Help ?

Postby dusk26 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi. I'm sorry, but I don't have any advice. I wanted to let you know that I'm going through something similar to what your daughter is going through.

I've been dx'd with epilepsy for 3 years, because I sometimes have a pressure in my head and when that happens I also twitch. My EEG showed abnormal activity, but it wasn't conclusive. I have a new neurologist now who is suggesting that I may have Conversion Disorder, because he says my symptoms don't sound like seizures.

I hope we can both find out how to fix this. Good luck.
dusk26
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Conversion Disorder Forum