Our partner

raising awarness

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

raising awarness

Postby passionfruit3 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:49 am

I've just noticed something that i have looked for so many sites that have to do with conversion disorder support groups or forums and have found nothing useful it seems like no one knows about this and it hurts because it makes me think im alone with this disorder and it must make others feel the same. I want to do something to raise awareness i don't know what im only 17 any advice
passionfruit3
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: raising awarness

Postby smiffy » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:57 am

hi, ive got conversion disorder an im 46yrs young. ive looked all over and found lots of theories about it but no answers. nobody understands why it happens. 1 of ways it was described to me by a neurologist is your brain is like a circuit, and what happens it backfires, so it sends messages to the wrong places in times of stress, your brain is a computer and computers go wrong from time to time, you will get better it just takes time so dont push yourself and dont let others either. small steps, take care of yourself and good luck be happy :D :) try not to worry i know it hard. hope this might help a little x
smiffy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Conversion Disorder Forum