Our partner

How do you Tell someone your a liar?

Compulsive Lying message board, open discussion, and online support group.

How do you Tell someone your a liar?

Postby iamsuchaliar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:08 pm

I have been lying my entire life. It has gotten me into LOADS of trouble that is now going to be legal trouble once I turn myself in. I finally had to tell my parents that i was a compulsive liar and this is what has happened but even in my telling them i told lies. I know its a process and i cannot expect to be constantly truthful because i have a really hard time telling the truth from the lies. My question is

HOW DO YOU TELL SOMEONE YOU ARE A COMPULSIVE LIAR?

i have friends who i have lied to and i want them to know. I just dont know how to start the conversation. I want them to be aware so that they can challenge me and help me be more honest. I don't want to tell everyone but i just dont even know how to start a conversation. I am looking for people to tell me how they go about telling their loved ones and friends and how they decide who and when to tell!

Thanks for being there guys, this forum has helped me so much!
iamsuchaliar
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How do you Tell someone your a liar?

Postby MusicPhreak362 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:11 am

I'm really glad this is the first topic I decided to respond to. First of all, it's not the worst thing in the world; I'm a habitual liar and I used to think it was until I came clean.

I had this conversation with my girlfriend, the first person I ever actually told. I started the conversation by telling her I have a really well kept secret I need to get off my chest, and it was awkward and difficult but it eventually just came out..I can understand how hard it is to come out in word form but if you say it to yourself enough times in the mirror it eventually becomes easier to implement into a conversation with someone else. I also recommend you tell someone you can absolutely trust, make sure you're comfortable with one person knowing before it spreads around; build your assurance about it up.
MusicPhreak362
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Re: How do you Tell someone your a liar?

Postby iamsuchaliar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:13 pm

thank you so much that was so helpful! i actually did this and told my new boyfriend. It was so hard telling the truth and at first after it felt weird and wrong but it felt so great about a day after when i didn't feel like i was hiding it anymore! I really appreciate your help :) welcome to the forum!
iamsuchaliar
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Compulsive Lying Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post