Our partner

Definition of:Compulsive Lying

Compulsive Lying message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Definition of:Compulsive Lying

Postby Myra leaf » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:52 am

I am also a compulsive liar!
Although I do try not to lie now.
I gave up drinking six months ago because my lying became ridiculous when I was drunk.
I Am embarrassed about my behaviour.
I love to tell a tale! That's how it started, then it became a crutch. I was poor and unsuccessful, so I lied about my job. Now I do not have to lie as I am successful.
Although I try not to lie now, I still have to cover up past lies!
I hate myself so much, I have considered suicide.
Some of the lies I told were really bad. It happened 99% of the time when I was drunk.
Now I am sober it does not happen.
I am having CBT at the moment which is helping.
I am scared that my past will come back and bite me. I so want to have a peaceful, honest life now.
Do you think it's possible?
It has been good to read others posts and find I am not the only one.
It takes all sorts to make the world, I suppose.
Myra leaf
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby croseboro » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 pm

I have lied throughout my entire life. I am 40 years old. When I look back and reflect on my life, I can see clearly how cancerous lying is to life. I have lied with such detail that it has risen to a point that I have become my own worst enemy. I have lied with such ease that I have become fluent in telling stories. I am a liar, lying has become an autonomous part of my character and how many people perceive me. I have lost or tarnished many relationships as a result of this problem, relationships that could have been fruitful had I not had this problem. I totally desire to change this aspect of my being, to remove it totally. It is so unhealthy to well-being. I desire a domain of help that will assist me in being and living a life of honesty. I know I can do it, and I want to do it. Help me please!
I have read a few of the posts. I unfortunately could identify with many of the spouses who are in relationships with a compulsive liar. I am that husband, friend, colleague who proved to you that I am untrustworthy, whose dialogue must always be second guest. Yet, I am also the one who in spite of this condition, has the potential to change, wants to change, and more importantly is loved by you. I am grateful that you can see the solid parts of me that are good, sincere, and decent. Please hold the mirror up for me, with compassion, and steadfastness, so we may see together where lays the root to this problem.
croseboro
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Postby croseboro » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:11 pm

croseboro wrote:I have lied throughout my entire life. I am 40 years old. When I look back and reflect on my life, I can see clearly how cancerous lying is to life. I have lied with such detail that it has risen to a point that I have become my own worst enemy. I have lied with such ease that I have become fluent in telling stories. I am a liar, lying has become an autonomous part of my character and how many people perceive me. I have lost or tarnished many relationships as a result of this problem, relationships that could have been fruitful had I not had this problem. I totally desire to change this aspect of my being, to remove it totally. It is so unhealthy to well-being. I desire a domain of help that will assist me in being and living a life of honesty. I know I can do it, and I want to do it. Help me please!
I have read a few of the posts. I unfortunately could identify with many of the spouses who are in relationships with a compulsive liar. I am that husband, friend, colleague who proved to you that I am untrustworthy, whose dialogue must always be second guest. Yet, I am also the one who in spite of this condition, has the potential to change, wants to change, and more importantly is loved by you. I am grateful that you can see the solid parts of me that are good, sincere, and decent. Please hold the mirror up for me, with compassion, and steadfastness, so we may see together where lays the root to this problem.
croseboro
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby one more chance » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:30 pm

i am trying every day to find the person that my husband and daughter know that i am. i have lied lied lied to him so much...but no more. my love for him and my daughter is the only thing that is true and i will spend a lifetime fixing all the problems that i have created by just not talking to him and excepting his help. i pray there is a way for me to fix this and would welcome any and all advise on taking it day by day.
one more chance
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Blog: View Blog (12)

Previous

Return to Compulsive Lying Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post