Our partner

What's your story?

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderator: Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Re: What's your story?

Postby Bear109 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Wow! I'm in awe of all your stories! My story seems quite 'silly' compared to majority on here!
I was sexually abused only once by my grandad when I was 7. It has effected my life more and more the older I get! I struggle to let my barriers down when it comes to boyfriends and seem to gave a 6th wall up with them!
I have gone through the self harming when I was about 15 and struggled with that till I was in my early 20's. I had periods of time where I didn't but then times where I did! Wasalways to scared to do any serious damage though and resorted to small cuts where no one could see, bruising myself and small burns from hair straighteners!
I have now had some sort of eating disorder and have done for about a yr and a half! Although I'm still considered a healthy weight and I'm on the lower end of my bmi for my height.I have lost 5 stone since sept 2010, started off doing it properly then somehow got myself into starving myself, counting calories and sometimes episodes where I do allow myself to eat but purge it! I don't even binge!! Just reel guilty for eating!
I'm about to start my first CBT session on friday!! I admitted defeat back in june and asked doctors to help me!! It's oy taken 7months to get an appointment as my weight wasn't considered low enough for concern! I was 15stone in sept 2010 and size 16 - 18 I'm 5ft 11! I'm now 10.4 and size 10. My relationship and attitude with food worries me greatly!! I'm having a constant battle between my heart and head!!!
Think all my problems stem from being abused! Just amazes me that it only happened once and all of this has happened!!!!
I'm very worried about CBT but know I really need it!
Anyway I'm so glad I found this forum for support
Take care x
Bear109
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby CrackedGirl » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:54 pm

Welcome to the forum Bear. Your experiences are not silly - they matter.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:44 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby Bear109 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:24 pm

CrackedGirl wrote:Welcome to the forum Bear. Your experiences are not silly - they matter.

Cracked

Thank you for your message, so glad found forum and others in similar places.
Bear109
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby CrackedGirl » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:18 am

I am glad you found the forum too

Hugs

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:44 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby jasmin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Everyone, please start separate threads to receive advice and support. I will lock this sticky.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Child Abuse Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post