Our partner

Witnessing child abuse

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderators: scepticalblahblah, Ada, salted lipstick, narcbolan

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Witnessing child abuse

Postby Walmartcashier » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:11 pm

I'm a cashier at my local walmart. For the past month or so, i've been keeping my eye on a certain family of three, a mother, a daughter, and a son. After multiple hints of child abuse, today she physically smacked her 2 or 3 year old son in front of all (including cameras) to see. Once before the same child accompanied his mother through my till, with a very colorful black eye. Immidietly after witnessing her hit her child (and the screams after) I contacted our security, who watched the event on tape, and agreed it is reason to raise concern.

Do I have a right to find out her name and report her if Walmart refuses to take action itself?
I'd like to think our particular walmart is very caring, and i do believe our management is doing what they can, i'm just not sure if it will be enough.
Walmartcashier
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:31 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Witnessing child abuse

Postby Chucky » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:14 am

Hi,

Please don't mention any names of people involved here, and I'd even recommend editing-out the name of the company that you work for. As t what to do, I'd contact the local child abuse center (or equivalent service) and simply leave the details of the family involved with them. I'd also remain anonymous. You'll probably be able to find a phone number for such a center simply by searching online.

Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Witnessing child abuse

Postby jasmin » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:09 am

Hi! Chucky is right, you should contact child abuse services. There are some threads with links to numbers or sites in this forum as well, above the regular threads, you can check them out. You're a good person for wanting to help these kids.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Child Abuse Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post