Our partner

2YR old is being burned & bruised by his mother, what to do?

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderators: seabreezeblue, Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

2YR old is being burned & bruised by his mother, what to do?

Postby asher901 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:54 pm

Hello,

My 2 year old son is currently in a violent environment
and in return he is being burned ,bruised
and mistreated on purpose by his mother to make me angry.

I have called Child Services twice and they are not doing anything. All I can think of is try to get a Family Court lawyer, can anyone give me more advice?

*mod edit*
Last edited by seabreezeblue on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pm to follow..
asher901
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: 2YR old is being burned & bruised by his mother, what to do?

Postby seabreezeblue » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:00 am

Hi asher,

I've sent you a private message - please take a quick look and reply if you have any queries (:

Okay; you've called child services and a case is currently open, but they don't appear to be taking this seriously at the moment.

asher, can you legally refuse to return your son to his mother ?

I don't know where you live, and i'm in the UK so it might be different wherever you are, but over here, if the father is on the childs birth certificate, he has as many rights with regards to the child as the mother does. That means that he can refuse to return the child if he believes the child is at risk, and the police can't force him to return the child unless the mother goes to court and the judge orders a return.

If you can refuse to return your son, then the next time you have contact, do not return him afterwards.. apply to the court for an emergency order.

Again.. this may only apply to here, but if it works the same there, you can get an emergency court hearing, and have a judge sign custody over to you.
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..

forum-rules.php
seabreezeblue
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:29 am
Blog: View Blog (25)

Re: 2YR old is being burned & bruised by his mother, what to do?

Postby Terry E. » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:55 am

Document each and every bruise and burn. Take photos next to newspapers etc to get the dates. Either it gets better or it will get worse. With very young children the do not know that what they are experiencing is wrong. It is just their life. They also are not witnesses. They are too young to describe what happens. As he gets older he can be a witness to what goes on.

In days gone by such a child's testimony was dismissed easily. Not anymore.

Is she living with a defacto, new partner etc ??

love him every way you can. You may think it is not enough but be there for him as he grows up.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:29 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Child Abuse Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post