Our partner

Am I being abused, or is this a sign of abuse?

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderators: seabreezeblue, Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Am I being abused, or is this a sign of abuse?

Postby pandacakes » Thu May 25, 2017 6:28 pm

*Note: there's a lot of backstory to this whole situation, sorry*

Ok, so I've been abused in my life before. I'm not going to go into details, but a couple of years ago my mother got full custody of my older sister and I. Everything's been going ok, I guess (high school isn't exactly an amusement park), but lately everything's been slowly turning into a disaster.

See, a couple of weeks ago I went to an institution (for help with dealing with stress, depression, and major anxiety), and when I got out my mother promised me that she wouldn't tell my aunt anything about me and my problems (see my aunt is a big contributor to my anxiety and stress, and everything I do pisses her off, not to mention that she ridicules me about everything). I've been going so well with my anxiety and depression, and I was starting to feel happy. Then it went downhill. Yesterday I overslept, and my aunt sent me 5 or 6 texts talking about "how I'm going to fail the **th grade and my mother will go to jail if I keep this up", how "everyone's pissed at me", and how "she can't deal with this every morning".

This gave me a major anxiety attack, and I came to school freaking out and crying. My friends worried about me, and throughout the whole day I was falling into a suicidal pit. I go to a different school in the afternoon, and when I got to my other school I was called to the counselor's office. A social worker showed up as well (that's always a good sign) and we all talked for about an hour. Before I went back to class, they called my mom so that she could know that I went to see them. I came home and my mother wasn't thrilled.

We had a talk about what happened at school (she yelled most of the time), and after our talk she went to my aunt's house. About an hour later, I got a text from my aunt that said "why are you mad at me because you missed the bus?" This really upset me, because my mom betrayed our trust. When she came home, I started yelling at her about my aunt (I know, it wasn't the best thing to do. I was super pissed).

This morning I woke up (on time, surprisingly), and my mom started to bang on my door and yelled at me to get up. I yelled back that I was awake, and my aunt started to bang on the front door and scream my name. My mom let her in, and she started to let me have it. She said that she heard me screaming last night (it would probably help if I mentioned that she is my next door neighbor), and that she wanted to slam me up against a wall. She called me selfish, and she went on about "how I twist her words around so that I can get what I want" and that "everyone at school's gonna call me the crazy girl, and nobody's gonna want to talk to me". She threatened to send me to a different hospital, and she threatened to call the police and send me to jail.

I came to school freaking out and crying (again) and the school's social worker called me up to his office so that we could talk about all of this.

I know this isn't a place where everyone is professionals or therapists, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion. Is what my aunt did abuse, or am I just overreacting?
Last edited by realityhere on Thu May 25, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Privacy.
pandacakes
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:43 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Am I being abused, or is this a sign of abuse?

Postby quietgirl2538 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:26 pm

Your aunt is wrong in treating you like that. What if she treated the neighbor kid like that? I'm sure their parents would let her hear it and she would behave in a different manner. She is abusive. That type of behavior is hurtful to anyone, especially a child, no matter the age. Keep us updated on how things go for you. Hugs if wanted.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 4.5 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day

Forum Rules
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:43 am
Blog: View Blog (67)