Our partner

Was this abuse, or do I need more?

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderators: seabreezeblue, quietgirl2538, Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Was this abuse, or do I need more?

Postby validateme » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:36 pm

Ah, well...:

From when I was a baby to when I was in 2nd grade, my family-friend/aunt would baby sit me (and eventually my sister). However, throughout the years, she started getting more and more possessive over us because she couldn't have children of her own, which eventually leads to why she stopped baby sitting us. I'm 99% sure she planned to kidnap me and my sister so she could have kids of her own. My mom said she would do everything she could to get more time with us and keep my mom away; the last memory I have of her is her and my mom arguing over me because my aunt wouldn't let my mom near me
I think she even held me and wouldn't let me go
She's in a psych ward now but
I remember her getting mad at us a lot, and whenever I cried she'd just yell at me more
I also remember her getting mad at my sister for doing something wrong and chasing her out into the backyard and smacking her really, really hard in the back with a rolled up newspaper. Keep in mind, my sister was like..4 at most.
That's all I can really remember aside from the general hostility she had and her creepy possessiveness.
System
Host: Eran-Xander, 15, Masculine
Persecutor: Ithe, 14, Female
Disorders
Major Depression, Social Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety, Nightmare Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder, C-PTSD, EDNOS, Borderline Personality, Avoidant Personality, OSDD-1b, Maladaptive Daydreaming, Body Dysmorphia
validateme
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat May 27, 2017 11:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Was this abuse, or do I need more?

Postby quietgirl2538 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:33 am

That is just terrible to have gone through that. You two didn't deserve that. Yes, it's abuse, clearly. And I'm glad she's locked up now. Sending hugs if wanted.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 4.5 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day

Forum Rules
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer

Blog: View Blog (66)

Postby validateme » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:50 am

Hugs are very appreciated ♡ I think even if she hadn't hit us and whatnot, it'd be abusive because she wouldn't even let us near our own mom, or at least tried to.
System
Disorders
Major Depression, Social Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety, Nightmare Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder, C-PTSD, EDNOS, Borderline Personality, Avoidant Personality, OSDD-1b, Maladaptive Daydreaming, Body Dysmorphia
validateme
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby seabreezeblue » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:09 am

Did she have a reason for not letting your mom near to you? (ie; she was concerned about your mom being unstable/drunk or something?)..

why was she babysitting you such a lot?

Some of it was definitely abusive- especially when your sister was hit really hard in the back.. but I can't decide if your aunt was abusive for attempting to keep you away from your mother until I know a little bit more about what was going on there.
There are two opinions that I'm holding atm.. one is that your aunt was trying to protect you.. and the other is that she was very unstable.

sending hugs if you'd like them xx
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..

forum-rules.php
seabreezeblue

Local time: Sun May 28, 2017 4:52 am
Blog: View Blog (25)

Postby validateme » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:28 pm

My mom is and was fantastic; she tried to keep me away from my mom because she couldn't have kids and wanted us to be her kids.
System
Disorders
validateme
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby seabreezeblue » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:09 pm

If you genuinely know the entire story of what went on, then yes.. that's actually really awful that she was trying to keep you away from your mom.
I'm only hesitant because it doesn't quite add up in my mind.. I'm confused about why she was allowed to babysit so much.. and how it got to that point in the first place.
Did your mom feel really sorry for her or something and allow more contact with you than she was comfortable with for that reason?

Why is she in a psych ward atm? she sounds like she could do with a lot of help - hopefully they'll be able to do that a bit for her xx
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..

forum-rules.php
seabreezeblue

Local time: Sun May 28, 2017 4:52 am
Blog: View Blog (25)

Postby validateme » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:55 pm

I think she felt bad because a) it was her best friend and b) she didnt think it was that bad until that argument they had. She also doesnt know she hit us. I dont really know why she's in a psych ward. I heard she just...cracked and flipped out on my uncle. Her issues must have been building up for a long time without anyone really knowing..
System
Disorders
validateme
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Child Abuse Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post