Our partner

What would you do? Child crying for help of social media!

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderators: seabreezeblue, Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

What would you do? Child crying for help of social media!

Postby childneedshelp » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:38 pm

What would you do if a child you knew was crying out for help on social media? Would you ignore it? I know of a child who is talking about sexual abuse at the hands of his Mother and her Boyfriend and yet nobody wants to hear this poor kid!
childneedshelp
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What would you do? Child crying for help of social media!

Postby Terry E. » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:07 pm

Good question, I am of the mind I would need to look at the whole picture better. Social media has many problems. Maybe suggest to the child they talk to a school Councillor, one of their friends parents etc.

It is very hard to trust social media.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: What would you do? Child crying for help of social media!

Postby Pi31415926535 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:05 am

It is fairly rare for children to pretend to be abused when they are not, so I would probably do something to help, but I honestly don't know how.

Befriending the kid, listening to her, and hoping she will trust you is definitely gonna be helpful. However doing that is gonna be lots of effort as most children with home trauma are either too needy or too avoidant, thus befriending the girl may be emotionally straining to you and you might not be able to afford it depending on your situation.

Reporting to children's aid might help, but it might actually make it worse if the children's services can not find evidences or if the children are too scared to speak up. In my case it certainly made my situation worse.

So in the end it is up to your judgement of the specific situation you have encountered, whatever you choose I wish you the best of luck!
Pi31415926535
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Child Abuse Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post