Our partner

Need some help on recovering from insane abusive parents.

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderator: Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Need some help on recovering from insane abusive parents.

Postby Kaden » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:15 pm

Both of my parents are deceitful manipulative liars which will try to do anything to cause harm to anyone trying exposing them. Right now, both parties, my mom and my dad are having wars over their properties like the rats they are. :lol:

I'm 18 now and my parents abused me throughout my life. I feel rather tired now, and I'm scared working and moving out (from my mother). I feel like I have no support, they make me feel like I depend on them but if I try to depend on them they just find a way to screw me over; from what I understood their motivation of doing so is dominance, including other materialistic issues that I won't post here. I actually improved a lot the last few years, my parents are now in confusion as to why I haven't committed suicide yet or that I'm not in a mental asylum (overheard).

To keep this short, how can I calm down, gain confidence to do everything? I have no money for therapists.

Also, a bit of extra: If I were to list the things they have done here, a psychologist or anyone would ask, "are you sure that this is true?" but after investigating and doing some research, I have revealed all the truth. Some things were exaggerated, true, but the truth on all the different questions and mysteries don't make it better, especially on how my dad got rich. This went as far as going to the Police where they listened to me and then dropped everything in a day which I and some other people found suspicious (fyi, I'm not in a Western country). Social workers didn't care nor did they check the house. They ignored me when I was 17 and you can't believe how fast everything was dropped when I was smaller if I complained. Also don't forget the beatings I got for it and also being called a, "traitor."
Kaden
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Need some help on recovering from insane abusive parents.

Postby Terry E. » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:56 pm

That is actually one of the hardest questions we get asked. How do you mentally take control of your own life. Let me think on that and I will see what I come up with later today.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Terry E. » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:10 am

Okay I will try this.

As children we have a unique relationship with fathers and especially mothers. This is constantly reinforced in us by what we see and here (even more so with modern media).

For many of the abused that relationship is non functional. Trying to work within it, fix it, make peace with it, get justice, whatever can be basically a waste of time.

Focus on you needs. They are food and shelter. Does living there provide that good. Next is you future, the right for all of us to be somehow happy, or content or hopefully both. Plan your move. I lived in a terrible situation but "used "them for bed and food. I planned my leaving the home but had emotionally left my father at 7 and my mother in many ways at around 10.

I may get shouted at here, but you don't NEED them. Plan your life, set your priorities and move ahead.

Wish someone had told me that years ago.
Terry E.

Postby peaceful1 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:58 am

I am 45 and I wish I knew. I made a choice to move to a different city after I graduated and never went back. I tried to have relationships with them, but it was always my mother playing us against each other. There are 5 of us. I see things in the news that are shameful and those people go to jail....but my parents did much worse andthere was never anyone there for us. At my age I am told to get over it already. I tried to get them to take some responsibilty for SOMETHING at one point but I got this psycho crap "I did the best I could"
I do think that my mother is jealous of me for one thing..... she spent the last of her family's fortune doing the college sorority tour and eneded up with no skills..... she watched the price is right and soaps and smoked cigarettes for 55 years so far, and split a 12-pack with my dad every night.
I have a few patents and marathon medals......
peaceful1
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Terry E. » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:38 am

Peaceful, I can so relate.

My mother inherited around 3 times the value of a standard Sydney home (today's value 3 Mill). She deliberately blew that money so as to make my dad upset. She blew her inheritance then started on his super. She would buy all new lounge suit then declare it was full of mold, within two years, then buy all new furnishings again, and again, and again. My brother bleed her (he was badly traumatized and could not fit in socially, but with the money she kept him in line. Motor bikes, cars, hang gliders, fixed wing gliders, rent etc, she bled money, my dad would try and control the hemorrhage and she would blame him for my brothers problems. He never laid a hand on him, whereas she brutally beat him regularly.

When she moved out to a retirement villa, we found all the booze. She had a bottles stashed everywhere in the house. I think she forgot where they were (when you are drunk that happens). Behind sofa cushions, (all the sofa cushions) in the cupboards, underwear draws, about 20 bottles of half drunk scotch, gin and rum. When we were kids at times she would get blind drunk and collapse on the floor, and we would have to literally drag her into the bedroom and wrestle her onto the bed (she weighed 180lbs at 5 foot 4 inches tall), but I had kind of thought all those days in bed were depression or bi-polar, now I realise a lot of them were hangovers.She also read about every Mills & Boon book ever written.

As a human being, just a waste of space, with no redeeming features.
Terry E.

Return to Child Abuse Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post