Our partner

What would you call this? (tw: manipulation)

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderator: Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

What would you call this? (tw: manipulation)

Postby beya » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:32 pm

When I was in 6th grade I had my first boyfriend. He was a family friend around my age. An older family friend put us together. We were in 6th grade and she was well into High School. Now that I'm older and I look back on my friendship with her I realize she was toxic and just using me. I had no idea because I was young and she was my only friend outside of school.

One day me and my little boyfriend were at this girls house (she lived in my apartment building) and she spoke with us individually. She told me if I don't kiss my boyfriend he's gonna leave me, and told my boyfriend the same about me. Then we met back in her bedroom and she counted to 5 and told us we have to kiss before she gets to 5. So we did. I think kissing has always been repulsive to me because of that first experience with it.

Much of our little relationship was her orchestrating it. Towards the end she told me to let him finger me. I wasn't comfortable with that and she wasn't impressed that I didn't wanna do that. Looking back at it i can't believe she was telling 10 year olds to do these things. It's a bit of a blur because I was young but I think around this time I stopped hanging out with her. I IM-ed her to tell my boyfriend I don't wanna be together anymore. I think after that I stopped talking to her too.

What would you call what this girl was doing?
beya
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What would you call this? (tw: manipulation)

Postby atina » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:45 pm

Dear beya:

I am so sorry you were abused by this older girl. It may very well have been illegal and could be considered a crime because she was much older than you when it happened. There is no doubt it was WRONG and it harmed you!

atina
atina
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:55 pm

Postby beya » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:27 pm

atina wrote:Dear beya:

I am so sorry you were abused by this older girl. It may very well have been illegal and could be considered a crime because she was much older than you when it happened. There is no doubt it was WRONG and it harmed you!

atina

Ah thank you. I wasn't sure if it was abuse.
beya
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:55 pm

Postby atina » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:22 am

Dear beya:

Yes, it was abuse of you and your boyfriend at the time by the much older high school girl. Sorry this happened to you.

atina
atina
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:55 pm

Return to Child Abuse Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post