Our partner

The personalities of the abused

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderator: Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

The personalities of the abused

Postby itsybitsyspider » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:18 am

Hello! I'm new to this forum although I posted in others on this site. Hope everyone is doing well. I suffer from GAD, OCD, social anxiety and what I think must probably be the effects of growing up with a BPD and NPD parent. I've also been on more than one abusive relationship as a young adult which my therapists believe is due to my earlier experiences. I'm very close to my BPD parent and I truly feel that they didn't mean to harm me, but there was a period in my life as a young child where I was told on a daily basis what a bad child I was, how they wished and prayed I wasn't the way I was (the worse was having no idea what it was that they thought was so bad!) and how I made them want to give up on life. I watched them self-harm while telling me it was because of me and my badness. They would regularly threaten to abandon me or throw themselves under the train tracks, because of me as well. I could go on but I guess that's enough for now LOL. Basically I developed into a very insecure person who tends to shy away from relationships and have this belief that nobody will accept me. I just wanted to know if this is common among other victims of child abuse, especially the BPD kind.

:)
itsybitsyspider
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:08 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The personalities of the abused

Postby Terry E. » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:08 am

I am a little harder here than most.

But don't make too many excuses for her. She failed at what she should have done.

From what you wrote the abuse verbally is pretty high level.

Look up the ACES score (on child abuse) you may surprised how well you score.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:08 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Child Abuse Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post