Our partner

Am I being emotionally abused by my mother?

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderator: Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Am I being emotionally abused by my mother?

Postby pyroexorcist » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:36 am

Growing up, I had issues with my mother. It all started when I wrote "I hate my mother" all over my diary when I was about five. Since then, I remember what my mother did to me. When I was 6 I remember my mom hitting me with a book when I couldn't concentrate (I have ADHD) while I was doing homework. During Middle School she always loved critizing how I wear and walk and always compare me to other girls, especially the popular girls. The worst came in High School when she wouldn't believe me that I had emotional problems such as Social Anxiety. I've developed Social Anxiety because of my mother. She made me feel nervous among talking to others. She failed to teach me how to make friends, it's not her fault since English wasn't her first language. I sort of blame my speech delay, I didn't know how to talk properly until I was 5. She was of course embarressed and compared me to my ex friend for being in all honors classes. She always loved my ex friend more than me because of her intellegence. It's not my fault I wasn't treated with my ADHD. In addition, she always embarresses me in front of my friends for yelling and screaming at me. She always threatens to hurt me in public as well. She also says that apperently I do "everything wrong" so I can't even tell what's wrong or right at this point. She always screams and yells at me because I always act like my father. I tend to have anger management problems is because of her, she never listens to what I have to say, and when she listens she loves to be right. When shes wrong she never apologizes, she screams, makes a dramatic exit to have a cig. She makes me go mentally insane. She always says I have a problem when really she has a problem as well. I'm no psychologist, but I'm scared my mother may have Paranoia Schzophrenia (Spelled wrong). Not only has she abused me, she also abused my brother a bit, making him go into drugs. My brother luckilly moved out because he couldn't stand her bs anymore. Because I go to a community college, I sadly have to live with her for another 2 years. She makes me so angry and sad she hates it when I actually enjoy my hobbies when I'm at home. She gets really angry when I play video games and she hates it when I cosplay. It's not fair because she gets to lay on her fat ass and watch soap operas all day. All I do now is read about stupid relationship issues because she got them for me in the library, I mean it's not that bad. Lastly, I'm not even allowed to eat, and when I do she getsmad and she gets to eat a lot more than me. She thinks I'm fat when shes 3x bigger than me. I lost 40 pounds, it's not fair. What should I do?!
pyroexorcist
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Am I being emotionally abused by my mother?

Postby Terry E. » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:30 am

Abuse is often not black and white and various cultures have different definitions. I would say however that the role of parents is to nurture their offspring and prepare them for life. It sounds like for one reason or another, this has fallen short.

Are your parents divorced if so how long ago.

And I am a huge fan of Cosplay (long time Super Hero Comic reader), it sure has changed our conventions and brought much colour and life into our hobby. (no one should ever bag Cosplay - it rocks).

Hopefully off to San Diego Comic Con next year.

and welcome..
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Child Abuse Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post