Our partner

Please Read My Story and Stop Being Bulimic

Bulimia Nervosa message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: gratteciel, weepingwillow

Please Read My Story and Stop Being Bulimic

Postby caringtohelpothers » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:35 pm

I remember going on to a website a few years ago on the internet and just reading about Bulimia. It stated stories of people that had bulimia and it gave their tips of what they did to loose weight. I had never done this before until last summer when I remembered the website and what I had read. I decided that I wanted to loose weight and do it in a quick way to get thin. I had done diets in the past and I would gain the weight back. I don't want to share my tips because I don't want any of you to do what I did if there should be people reading about becoming bulimic. Now those of you that are bulimic you know what you have done to get thin. I was about 170 pounds and went down to 110 pounds. I didn't stop to think about the effects of what bulimia could do to you. We all think of just one "goal" and that is to be thin. We can't see anything else such as dying and that is what we need to realize. You can die and no one wrote this on their website, maybe because they didn't get scared. I did. I was loosing a lot of weight and wearing baggy clothes in the beginning, because I wanted to keep going. I had family members that I lied to by looking them right in their face when questioned if I was throwing up and I flatly answered them "NO". We all do it, we don't want to tell the truth, because if we do we cannot reach our "goal" of loosing weight. I got scared when I was 110 pounds, because I remembered standing outside of my son's school and feeling cold like the cold air was going through me. At night I felt my legs and hands shaking. They would not stop and I wanted to go to the hospital and have all types of blood work done to make sure I wasn't sick. I remember waiting and thinking that I could have had cancer, leukemia or any other disease that you could get by your cells in your body eating other cells. You need to stop and really think. It is good to be thin, but do you want to die by your cells eating other cells. In reality you can loose weight the right way by just exercising and limiting your portions and not starving yourself and your goal will be "LIFE and LIVING rather than DYING". If you are bulimic just stop and if you are thinking of wanting to become bulimic don't.
caringtohelpothers
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Please Read My Story and Stop Being Bulimic

Postby CrackedGirl » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Thank you for sharing your story. How are you doing now? Did you have any therapy or anything? Sorry for all the questions!

Cracked
L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.
You've got more than money and sense, my friend
You've got heart and you go in your own way

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

Liberal Backslider

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby caringtohelpothers » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:11 am

I do have therapy currently because previous to having done all of this I am seeing a doctor for depression as well as anxiety. It does help me to get better by talking, but you have to be able to realize it is wrong what you are doing and then to be able to want the help. If you can't see the point of wanting to help yourself then therapy would defeat the purpose, because it is important to talk but if you continue throwing up then you haven't learned you are harming your body and can die.
I'm glad I shared my story with you. How long have you been bulimic and did you fully stop. I hope you did and you never do it again. As for the questions they are not a lot and if you have more throw me as many as you have. I have a lot of patience in listening and I'll be very glad to help you any way I can.
caringtohelpothers
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby caringtohelpothers » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:12 am

I do have therapy currently because previous to having done all of this I am seeing a doctor for depression as well as anxiety. It does help me to get better by talking, but you have to be able to realize it is wrong what you are doing and then to be able to want the help. If you can't see the point of wanting to help yourself then therapy would defeat the purpose, because it is important to talk but if you continue throwing up then you haven't learned you are harming your body and can die.
I'm glad I shared my story with you. How long have you been bulimic and did you fully stop. I hope you did and you never do it again. As for the questions they are not a lot and if you have more throw me as many as you have. I have a lot of patience in listening and I'll be very glad to help you any way I can.
caringtohelpothers
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby CrackedGirl » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:30 pm

I am glad you are having therapy. I have therapy too. I have been bulimic since I was 15 and I am now 31. I am a lot better and am hoping that as I continue therapy it will go. Thank you for coming to this site.

Cracked
L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

The Rules

Liberal Backslider

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Site Admin

Postby caringtohelpothers » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:34 am

If you have been doing this since you were 15 and now you are 31. This has been happening for you on and off for 16 years. You need to stop like I said in my e-mail, because your cells will start to eat one another and then it would lead to cancer, leukemia or other diseases. I have damaged my vocal cords every time I sing or scream loudly. Please stop!!!!! :) :) :) :)
caringtohelpothers
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby CrackedGirl » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:12 am

Thank you for your concern. I am an awful lot better and getting better every day. I soon hope to be rid of this.

Cracked
L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

The Rules

Liberal Backslider

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Site Admin

Postby smurfette » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi there,
First off, I'm new to this forum - so hello everyone :) I guess I should have introduced myself properly first but I really wanted to reply to this thread...forgive the haste!
Caringtohelpothers, I understand that your intentions are good, but I also think that maybe it is not that simple. I don't think people can just 'stop being bulimic'. If they could, they wouldn't need support forums such as these and it wouldn't be such a long, challenging process.
I think to 'stop being bulimic' is what we are all trying to do - we are struggling through it one day at a time and trying to be successful, but it is a very complex illness and one can't just change everything overnight. It takes a lot of work.
Glad you are doing better.
M
smurfette
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Bulimia Nervosa Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post