Our partner

When things calm down...

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

When things calm down...

Postby walkingcontradiction » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:57 pm

So things have started to calm down in my life opened a bank account starting to save my money to move out and other things. Work is balanced and crazy as ever the boyfriend finally stopped running away and now i just feel calm but bored and I realized I have nothing that's just mine. Nothing to really do or be that is just me and i really just wanna find that something. I use to write all the time but don't for lack of time and motivation. I'm never home hardly ever alone. I've also noticed i often let relationships define me i become the person best suited for the person I'm with. I realize this is prolly a pointless post and I'm sure we all feel this way at times but I usually put these things on the back burner bury them til the next catastrophe. Anyway just curious if other people do this how they deal with it without just burying it. and also what things others have for just themselves.
walkingcontradiction
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: When things calm down...

Postby reflection » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:16 am

I personally do not think any post is pointless. Even if it is to say Hello. Is anyone there. What you wrote is what was on your mind and you needed to express it. No shame in that.

Do you have any hobbies.... What brings you enjoyment.... Those things would be yours.

I swing. And I listen to music on my IPod while I am doing it. It is an escape for me. I have done it since a child.

I know it sounds foolish and stupid as an adult but for me it was always soothing. So I just never stopped. :oops:
"Humans Should Have A Manual Attached To Them" - ME

Dx: BPD with narcissistic traits, Bipolar II, GAD, MDD
reflection
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 am

Postby walkingcontradiction » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:31 am

Thank you for responding. I also swing I guess I never thought much about it being something that's mine but you're right. I absolutely love it as well as just being outside or by water like a lake or pond. I always find it beautiful, soothing, calm, peaceful. I really enjoy it. Thanks for helping me realize that.

-- Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:32 pm --

Thank you for responding. I also swing I guess I never thought much about it being something that's mine but you're right. I absolutely love it as well as just being outside or by water like a lake or pond. I always find it beautiful, soothing, calm, peaceful. I really enjoy it. Thanks for helping me realize that.
walkingcontradiction
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby reflection » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:08 am

What else do you like.... Think on it. There has to be more. And it has to be YOUR like. Not because someone else likes it. That way it cant define you. :)
"Humans Should Have A Manual Attached To Them" - ME

Dx: BPD with narcissistic traits, Bipolar II, GAD, MDD
reflection
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 am

Postby walkingcontradiction » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:48 pm

You're right and I've been starting to type up random facts and likes for and about myself just to get a general idea of who i am and who I'm not. also who i wanna be. Thanks you really helped me work to figure this out!
walkingcontradiction
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post