Our partner

April Fool's jokes should not be played on a BPDer

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

April Fool's jokes should not be played on a BPDer

Postby Lilycat10 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:24 pm

I had a feeling this would happen. My friend played a mean joke telling me he was going away for a few days. I said "If this is an April Fool's joke please stop now because I'm getting very very upset." Well he continued it.. to the point of me starting to cry. I don't think that's funny to make a person cry instead of just saying its a joke. I yelled "OMG I can't take this" and I started yanking my hair out. He then told me he was joking and called me a psycho four times. I said not to call me names and I know I have issues but we don't need to bring it up because HE unfairly played a bad joke on me. I'm really angry. I'm never a person that takes jokes well anyway. I don't have much of a sense of humor and he knows that. This is what I mean, people always pick on me for no reason to get a reaction out of me. I can't not react to something like that!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
Lilycat10
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: April Fool's jokes should not be played on a BPDer

Postby atomicuniverse » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Those who know me know better than to play an April fools joke on me. :evil:

I'm sorry your friend is a d-bag

I've learned to isolate myself on most holidays because people seem to be super d-bags, and I don't deal with bullsh!t.
DX: "A fun mix"
RX: Prozac

"It's safe to cry here by the ocean; none will find you faulty. We well know that ages ago: the sea was already salty."
atomicuniverse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Casper » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:01 pm

I hear ya, Lilycat. There are a LOT of people that you can play a joke on and get away with it; BPD people ain't usually one of 'em. We don't exactly take too kindly to that kind of thing, do we? They think it's all fun and games, tormenting us like that, but when we snap and go medieval on them, they're the ones standing there, scratching their now-bruised-and-bloody head, stupidly asking "what'd ya do that for?"
Sorry that I ruin everything.
I don't do it on purpose.
Casper
Moderator: Consumer

Postby MissAli » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Oh Lily, I'm sorry. I would have been pissed off for someone calling me a psycho though.

Sometimes, I feel this is where paranoia can be a GREAT thing (not that it has many uses except for a waste of energy) - on holidays such as this, and even like St. Patrick's day when people pinch you for not wearing green, I am paranoid that someone is going to try to fool me, or pinch me, so I try my best to keep a super, super, super cool mood and outlook, because I'm already expecting that these things are going to take place.

But I agree with atomic - that's some major d bag behavior on the part of your friend.

*hugs*

AMP
Knowing other people is intelligence, knowing yourself is wisdom.

Mastering other people is strength, mastering yourself is power.

If you realize that what you have is enough, you will be rich, truly rich.

~Tao

The Rulez: http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php
MissAli
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby jemoess » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:23 am

i felt nauseous all of april fool's day. it's my most hated day of the whole flipping year.
May (22), Vanessa (14), Alaine (7), Camille (23), Alexa (23), Delilah (25), Kataniya (5), Tora (Tiger)
jemoess
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:11 pm

Postby Casper » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:53 am

I'm sorry to hear that, Jemoess. :(
Sorry that I ruin everything.
I don't do it on purpose.
Casper

Postby Entropic outlook » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:45 am

I have a couple of children who like to play jokes on me.
I have learnt over the years to respond well to them

What they don't realize is that my wife takes me aside for 10 -15 min before hand and explains to me what is going to happen and the response I am meant to give to the children when it happens and she keeps talking to me about it until its OK an I tell her I am ready

LOL they haven't figured it out yet and I hope they never do

She also will run interference for me if I cant cope with it on that particular day

I do agree with everyone else though This friend of yours was an asshole. why do they torment us and then complain about the consequences. They don't realize how hard it is for us not to destroy them in normal day to day life and then they pull $#%^ like this

I will stop writing now I am getting angry thinking about it

Stay safe

Entropic
Entropic outlook
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:11 am

Postby thefool » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:22 am

Wow i had no idea how seriously people take April Fools Day because i (touch wood) have never ever had a joke played on me on April Fools Day.
The most i did one year was pretend i was pregnant to some friends and said April Fools to be a dickhead.

Is it celebrated or a big thing elsewhere because i am from Australia and have never seen it become a big thing or jokes played on anyone i know, nor myself April Fools Day.
"what doesn't kill you makes you wish you were dead.
thefool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post