Our partner

I Love Ritalin

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: JohnnyBlaze

I Love Ritalin

Postby mooshoo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:18 pm

I started taking Ritalin last Wednesday. The first four days it gave me a headache and I was very tired. However, the side effects quickly wore off and now I feel calm. It's almost like I've taken an anti-anxiety med. I still get triggered very easily. However, my thoughts aren't racing so much. Before I was constantly replaying everything that I had to do or thought that I should be doing, because I was so scared of forgetting things. I am not doing that now. It's amazing how a stimulant can have a calming effect. I wrote for over two hours today, which is a huge accomplishment for me since I have such a hard time sitting and staying focused.
The only draw back is that it only lasts about 3.5 hrs, and then I feel tired and my head hurts. However, it is worth it to be able to feel relaxed.
I believe one writes because one has to create a world in which one can live. I could not live in any of the worlds offered to me —
I had to create a world of my own, like a climate, a country, an atmosphere in which I could breathe, reign, and recreate myself when destroyed by living.

Anaïs Nin
mooshoo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I Love Ritalin

Postby ireneadler999 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:24 pm

i'm so glad that's working well for you. yay!
definite fish from space (in a hat. try not to punch me.)
ireneadler999
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:35 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby bpdwriter » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Ritalin has had similar results for me, and I'm glad to hear another success story :)
Dx: BPD, ADHD, GAD, PTSD, panic disorder, dependent personality disorder, bipolar II.
Rx: Prozac, Vyvanse, Adderall, Ativan (PRN), Halcion (PRN), Haldol (PRN), Risperdal (PRN), Tegretol (PRN)
Active in 12-step programs. About to resume therapy and using DBT workbooks.
bpdwriter
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby lemon_drop » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:43 am

Adderal does the same thing for me. I love it. It relaxes me, lifts my mood, and is a great appetite suppresant. :D

Only downside is that it keeps me up at night.
lemon_drop
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby bpdwriter » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Adderall WAS better, but I'm uninsured so I got sick of paying $100+ a month for generics when I could have generic Ritalin for $9.99. I am trying to get into a prescription assistance program for brand name Ritalin LA or Vyvanse.
Dx: BPD, ADHD, GAD, PTSD, panic disorder, dependent personality disorder, bipolar II.
Rx: Prozac, Vyvanse, Adderall, Ativan (PRN), Halcion (PRN), Haldol (PRN), Risperdal (PRN), Tegretol (PRN)
Active in 12-step programs. About to resume therapy and using DBT workbooks.
bpdwriter
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby thefool » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:24 am

I have never had ritalin but had dexies. Also duromine but that sent me off the hook. :(
"what doesn't kill you makes you wish you were dead.
thefool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:35 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post