Our partner

Anyone over 50....suffering or recovered?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Anyone over 50....suffering or recovered?

Postby RecoveryRoad » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:31 am

I am 55 and was diagnosed with BPD in the early 90's. I would like to hear from anyone around my age. Have you gotten better over the years, worse, the same?
Thank you,
Laura
RecoveryRoad
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anyone over 50....suffering or recovered?

Postby jamberrypie » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm in my late 40's. Over the last 6 years, it has gotten much worse, but it didn't have anything to do with my age. The current life situation I was in had many more twists and turns to it which led me to feel majorly unachored and more unstable. I also had more social contact with people than I ever had in my whole entire life, and that in itself is enough to trigger many BPD-rages because I can feel very insecure around people, and the things that they say and do can set me off. I am trying to find more ways to anchor myself, and I expect that I will begin to reach some level of stability again. I'd like to hear more about your experiences too.
jamberrypie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby RecoveryRoad » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:20 am

Hello,
Some things have gotten better, but overall no. Maybe this isn't a good time to gauge, as I am in the middle of a divorce from a man I was married too for 19 years. I am again in therapy for the last 2 years after a 18 year absence. It is still very hard.
Thanks for your response.......
Laura
RecoveryRoad
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby jamberrypie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:14 pm

It sounds like you're going through a tough stage life in your life now, so it may not be a good time to get an accurate perception of what is going on with your BPD issues. I was in therapy in my mid-20's, and there are times I think I am ready to go back too.
jamberrypie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post