Our partner

Being obsessed with a person

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Re: Being obsessed with a person

Postby rockgrl520 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:16 am

I definitely understand how you feel I used to feel the same way. The person was my world it seemed like I couldn't really be happy when I wasnt with him or we had a fight. But I feel a lot better these days living life more mindfully and enjoying my life but letting that person enhance my life not be my only source of happiness. Its good to learn to have your own things that you do and make you happy.
rockgrl520
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby thefool » Tue May 22, 2012 3:37 am

Are you able to tell me some ways you learned how to be happy independently ?
"what doesn't kill you makes you wish you were dead.
thefool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby rockgrl520 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi, I think the best way to be happy independently is to have your own things find out what you love in life to do that you don't need anyone else to enjoy ... may it be listening to music and taking a bubble bath, painting, going to the gym going to an excercise class or whatever you can do that makes you happy even when no one is around to share the experience with. Also, learning to do things mindfully and really being in the moment instead of the way I used to be waiting to have someone call me back. I learned to eventually not wait on other people if I want to do something I enjoy I can do it now and not waste time. Also, I think its good to have your own friends so you have people that are around when that person isn't.
rockgrl520
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby thefool » Wed May 23, 2012 12:47 am

i am an extremely tense and full of anxiety and negative energy at times or i fall into deep holes of depression and remain in bed and abuse myself with substance til i sleep or can't rage and feel so bad anymore which put me in a big hole.

I do like music and some things to watch or browsing things but i have such social anxiety when it comes to joining a team sport, or doing something because i am not talented and really don't know what i enjoy anymore. I believe and agree your own hobbies are what keep you occupied, build confidence and some form of distraction from the anxieties in our life i just need to find a way to mellow myself inside, be peaceful and cope with the stress, fears and problems in life both that come my way or that i have created.

Thanks x
thefool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby rockgrl520 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:10 am

I think what would be most helpful to you right now is first to learn to be more in the moment using mindfulness once you can do that some of the anxiety if not all will fade away. Learning to meditate or just doing breathing excercises can help also I read about buddhism which inspired me.
rockgrl520
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby thefool » Wed May 23, 2012 4:45 am

when i am paid next .... (paid monthly) a few people i know like crystals, tarot cards etc i don't know much but a few decks i was looking at today were beautiful and inspiring might start finding peaceful and positive things to surround myself with and peaceful music.

Thank you x
thefool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby LowriLemon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:09 pm

I think I'm obsessed with my (ex) boyfriend, who broke up with me a couple of weeks ago because of my moods. I'm doing things for myself, for example I started playing the drums again, but I feel like I'm just going through the motions and am not actually happy. I just feel utterly empty without him.
LowriLemon
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Previous

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post