Our partner

False Accusations of Abuse

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

False Accusations of Abuse

Postby CSD_NONBPD » Sun May 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Have any male Nons experienced their female BPDs make false accusations of abuse to your face, as a smear campaign, and/or even make false police reports?
CSD_NONBPD
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: False Accusations of Abuse

Postby Apocallcaps » Sun May 15, 2011 3:55 pm

-
Last edited by Apocallcaps on Mon May 16, 2011 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I assess the power of a will by how much resistance, pain, torture it endures and knows how to turn it to its advantage." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Apocallcaps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:04 am
Blog: View Blog (22)

Postby CSD_NONBPD » Sun May 15, 2011 4:09 pm

That was a very productive response. Get a life.
CSD_NONBPD
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby ajr8 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:49 pm

CSD_NONBPD wrote:Have any male Nons experienced their female BPDs make false accusations of abuse to your face, as a smear campaign, and/or even make false police reports?

As someone who has dated a few women with BPD yes I have been the victim of smear campaigns and false accusations. They tell all their friends that you either physically abused them or that you are a rapist just so they can justify brutally dumping you for no reason. It's all lies and they usually don't go so far as to attempt to get you falsely arrested because deep down they know they are lying but they don't want their friends and family to know that. It's for this reason that I'm hoping from now on in my relationships, I am the only one who has BPD.
ajr8
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby CSD_NONBPD » Sun May 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Thank you for your response ajrocker8,

I work with the woman I've been dating for three years and I'm afraid her smear attempts have begun and unfortunately, there is no way to fight this. She's only got a couple of cohorts that will even listen to her, so I'm not too concerned of her overall goal to be achieved.

False accusations of abuse is abuse.

Do you think they really believe their own false accusations? Or do you think they're aware what they're doing?
'
CSD_NONBPD
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby ajr8 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:10 pm

At some level she believes her own lies but only emotionally. If she thinks bad thoughts about you, then you become bad to her and you no longer have any positive attributes according to her. That's when she will go from your friend to your enemy and start lying about you to make you look bad. If hardly anyone believes her then you are in a good position. It may hold her in check slightly if she has no one to manipulate. But still I'm convinced they all know very well they are lying, it makes them think of themselves as "evil" or whatever, they know it will hurt you but and they all claim to feel guilty about abusing you but it never stops them from doing it. Abuse is abuse, it doesn't matter if these women pretend to feel guilty or not, what they are doing is wrong and they know it, they know the difference between right and wrong, they are not insane.

If you can convince the people who know you and her both that she is just trying to manipulate them and abusing you, you have nothing to worry about it, but I understand it's hurtful and unpleasant. Just try to stand the high ground and don't stoop to her level. You'll feel better about yourself.
ajr8
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post