Our partner

BPD "Fleas"

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Casper

BPD "Fleas"

Postby ScarrednBurned » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:42 pm

I have read in different places that being involved with a borderline disordered individual can make you get "fleas" or adopt some of their behavior(s). Is this something that is permanent or temporary in nature. How long does this last?
ScarrednBurned
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: BPD "Fleas"

Postby kanin » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:37 am

ScarrednBurned wrote:I have read in different places that being involved with a borderline disordered individual can make you get "fleas" or adopt some of their behavior(s). Is this something that is permanent or temporary in nature. How long does this last?

FLEAS? You've got to be joking.

If you're saying that a person interacting with a borderline might change the way they act in response, then yeah. It's called adapting. Not "fleas." Christ.

It's temporary. Unless in the case a child being raised by someone borderline might learn to react in such a way that it permanently changes the way they interact with others. That's been used as an explanation for BPD running in families.
kanin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby greene_rabbit » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:41 pm

I would really like to know where and who came up with the term 'fleas' for that. That is INCREDIBLY derogatory and discriminative.
greene_rabbit
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Postby SmallTalkRed » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:15 pm

Fleas?????
How dare you take something that is hard to deal with to begin with and minimize it to your taking on fleas.
I am locking this.
Hope the OP learns some polite manners when dealing with mental illness or personality disorders.

Red
SmallTalkRed
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post