Our partner

What is EU?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

What is EU?

Postby vulturine » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:49 am

Hey guys,

I'm applying for temporary social assistance while I look for a new job. I have a psych discharge form that lists the diagnoses as: EU, BPD, suicidal (crossed out), EtOH intox - death of friend.

Any idea what EU might stand for? I basically have to explain to the welfare office why I lost my last job and haven't been able to find employment since. I started working a week after getting out of psych, but that wasn't enough time. In psych I'm all smiles because I know that's how you get out of psych. I ended up showing up to work drunk/hungover, did a bad job, took tons of time off, got mad at people easily, couldn't concentrate, took long breaks, cried at my desk every day, etc. I was also on 20mg Zyprexa which was probably making things worse for me. I didn't get fired; my boss sent me home on bereavement leave. He sent me health insurance forms after I left, offered to pay for my rehab and I'm still on the payroll, but my position was filled.

He isn't answering the email I sent him asking for some kind of reference. I said I went to rehab, provided a description of my plans going forward, noted that I received an academic award in science, and that I wanted to upgrade my education. I can't begin to do any of my plans without a job. I hope he's away on a business trip or something and not just being a corporate-minded, inhuman CEO dick.

I wasn't drinking excessively in uni. I started drinking because I lost the most important person in my life, which was basically all I talked about in rehab. I spent my entire time there either crying or cracking jokes. They didn't even think I needed to be there, they just said to probably look into grief counseling and come back if that didn't work. My best friend got an academic award in science too, but he died 3 days after convocation. Such a waste. I loved him so much. It's probably 10x worse dealing with loss if you have BPD. :?

Thanks,
V
vulturine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What is EU?

Postby Kdoc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:03 am

I've never seen that before.
Emergency Unit?
Euthymic?
Kdoc
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 am

Postby oceane » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:41 am

Emotionally Unstable instantly came to mind... Probably because in the UK, instead of it being called BPD, it's called EUPD, which stands for Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder.
oceane
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:21 am

Postby Casper » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Oceane has it. About a year or two back, the UK health system started calling it Emotionally Unstable Personality instead of Borderline Personality. They started using the new name because the word "borderline" has been long deemed insufficient to describe the symptoms, as well as attempting to break free from the stigma associated with the word...because calling us "unstable" is so much kinder, right?

In my never-so-humble opinion, they can call it the I-Hate-Broccoli disorder for all it matters. We will still have the same symptoms, the general public will still think we're scarier than a tax audit and most health professionals will still do everything they can to refer us to someone else.

Call it what you will, the song remains the same.
Casper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby triplemoon18 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:26 pm

The "I Hate Brocolli Disorder" - That is a good one! I know here in Canada they want to change it to Emotion Regulation Disorder and I think that makes perfect sense because I have always been a roller coaster of emotions and so this is a very appropriate label for me and my daughter.
triplemoon18
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Echinacea » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:47 pm

@oceane i knew i knew it, i had seen it posted here somewhere, on someones signature other something.
thank you oceane :)

@Casper
the general public will still think we're scarier than a tax audit

that was so funny ..give me a giggle
Echinacea
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:21 am

Postby madjoe » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:36 pm

what is eu?