Our partner

I think I'm losing my last close friend

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

I think I'm losing my last close friend

Postby Angelina88 » Sat May 28, 2016 4:07 am

She's got a new bf and I'm pretty sad about that, it seems she cares less about me now.. I just think it's heartbreaking how most of us end up alone because no one can handle our sh*t.
Angelina88
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I think I'm losing my last close friend

Postby Breaking Good » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:45 pm

A word of advice. Look for people who help and support you in tough times also and not only when everything is great. Truth is life is not 50% happiness and 50% sadness. Its mostly sadness and tragedy and bit of happiness. But those tiny bits we see as more valueable. I had this people leaving me for a longer time but then I realized all I needed was myself and a handful of people that are there for me and I am there for when needed. Keyword: Family or close relatives.
It takes time to find those people, what helped me was looking less with my instincts but somehow started trusting them and respecting others for what they were not what I was thinking they might change into.
Breaking Good
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 am

Postby jaus tail » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:20 pm

i've realized that i am not looking for friendship. i'm looking for family. more like a parent who'll be with me, as ideal parents support their children forever.

a friend once sent an email saying, 'i'm always there for you.' but now we're not that much in touch. havent spoken for more than months.

the loneliness stings. often i try to connect with my old friends but i sort of get the feeling that they're getting bored. and there's nothing left to talk or they return the email out of obligation.

a friend went abroad for studies and i was actually hoping he doesnt get admission so he doesnt go abroad and stays here.

its not easy but i guess it's all right. i mean i dont want people to stay back because of me.

listening to sad songs at times helps me. being your own friend also helps. playing video game also helps. accepting the pain and letting it pass helps. instead of being a burden on someone or the fifth wheel, it's better to be alone.

and i dont think your friendship with her has ended. if she's in a relationship it could be that she'll have less time for you. but you can always count on her and vice versa i guess. i dont think friendship is about texting every day. it's about being there when needed.
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 am

Postby SquidAye » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:37 pm

Angelina88 wrote:She's got a new bf and I'm pretty sad about that, it seems she cares less about me now.. I just think it's heartbreaking how most of us end up alone because no one can handle our sh*t.

imagine yourself when you get into a new relationship. initially, new couples are pretty inseparable. i understand your heartbreak, but remember this isn't about you. her love for you has not changed, she is just in the exciting phase of dating. it will cool off. practice understanding by putting yourself in her shoes and be supportive. don't give her reasons to want to avoid you. chill. :)
"everybody leaves. if they get the chance. and this is my chance."
SquidAye
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:33 pm

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post