Our partner

So... Hobbies?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Re: So... Hobbies?

Postby letha » Fri May 15, 2015 10:38 pm

I used to have time and energy for hobbies. I like to read sometimes still... I love history, and I love the classics. I used to love old movies, old horror movies, and spy movies. I love classical music... I picked up playing again, but I don't have time for that anymore. It was one of the few things that gave me meaning. Now it just makes me sad. I love traveling. I love being outdoors... I love seeing new places. I don't get out much anymore. I was learning a new language... I find it beautiful, though most don't agree! Again... no time, no energy.

In the past, one of the ways I started to improve was finding and cultivating these interests. It was something to hold on to.

Now, I get home after a 12... 13... 14 hour work day, and I drink until I fall asleep. I spend my days off sleeping, and doing chores.
"I have seen too much, felt too much, loved too much in my life; I come to seek, still living, the calm of Lethe. Lovely place, be for me those banks of oblivion: to forget is my only happiness."
letha
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby joltaire » Sat May 16, 2015 3:42 am

I have a ton of hobbies. i agree with the poster above that they can be therapeutic but the problem is trying to drag another person into it.

If YOU enjoy something do it for YOUrself. Dragging other people into this domain is not wise, I have learned. Anyway here is a brief list of hobbies I have or used to have

Carpentry and small construction projects; bookshelves, aquarium stands, a wooden trunk, doghouses, tree houses, whatever is practical as well as impractical.

Indoor cannabis cultivation; setting up a grow space

Marine aquariums - setup, stocking, maintenance

Playing guitar. Over 10 y in that hobby.

Hiking/camping/canoeing.

That's good fir now.
“It is not love that should be depicted as blind, but self-love.” ~ Voltaire
joltaire
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

Postby Callalily » Sat May 16, 2015 3:45 am

Casper wrote:Loner said "hobbies." Executions are paid, so that makes them a job, not a hobby! :lol:

I could've been getting PAID all this time? ;)
Callalily
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (22)

Postby J0nTheDestroyer » Sat May 16, 2015 1:07 pm

Hobbies...? that's a good question. I mostly play video games, watch YouTube videos of other gamers, tinker around with electronics and my car. I also like to learn about something that I find interesting. If it really catches my attention I want to know more, I will literally spend every second of my free time devouted to that one thing for the following few weeks. Recently I picked up on computer programming, still in the process of learning the basics of it, but with some free software I was able to make part of a mini turned based, rpg, text adventure game. But with finals these last couple of weeks I had to put that on the back burner. Definitely going to pick that up again since I'm taking summer off from school.
J0nTheDestroyer
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm

Postby jabberwocky » Sun May 17, 2015 2:10 am

I'm a good sculptor and a decent painter, can't draw for $#%^ though :/
"If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd lion on the ramp to Noah's Ark...and brother, it's starting to rain."
jabberwocky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 pm

Postby thelongerirun » Wed May 20, 2015 11:08 am

I think my list of hobbies is to long to list them all, but lets see. Sketching, painting, music (playing music that is, piano, guitar, mandolin), motorcycles, building furniture, building anything, taking things a part, working out, writing, anything outdoors. One person listed getting in and out of trouble, i think that is a full time job for all of us lol.
Raisen cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies, are the biggest reason i have trust issues.
thelongerirun
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 am

Postby Casper » Wed May 20, 2015 1:06 pm

Callalily wrote:I could've been getting PAID all this time? ;)

Yeah! Texas, China, certain "Families", they all pay...and some better than others!
Casper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 pm

Previous

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post