Our partner

What's your personality type?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Re: What's your personality type?

Postby joltaire » Fri May 22, 2015 1:36 pm

Letha you do not strike me as an intp in any way.

NP are always a bit of a wildcard. If you truly relate to NP depictions then consider INFP overall.

Just my opinion.
“It is not love that should be depicted as blind, but self-love.” ~ Voltaire
joltaire
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby letha » Fri May 22, 2015 2:21 pm

I don't strike myself as INTP most of the time either. I feel too vague for that. But I'm also not as warm and fuzzy feeling as you might assume?

Only sometimes.
"I have seen too much, felt too much, loved too much in my life; I come to seek, still living, the calm of Lethe. Lovely place, be for me those banks of oblivion: to forget is my only happiness."
letha
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:58 am

Postby joltaire » Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

letha wrote:I don't strike myself as INTP most of the time either. I feel too vague for that. But I'm also not as warm and fuzzy feeling as you might assume?

Only sometimes.

Actually warm and fuzzy is rarely language which I use to characterize INFP, because characteristically warm and fuzzy, they most certainly are not.

Introverted feeling is presumed to be the typical attitude of consciousness for this type. Introverted feeling is roughly defined as a psychic disposition to assimilate the environment to the self and evoke a rational judgement pertaining to the most deeply held values of the individual. The channel of flow with this feeling is oriented inwardly and it only seeks to pull and withdraw libido from the environment, rather than contribute. In this way, the importance of the object is naturally denigrated and leaves the permanent sense of indifference, and insufficient relatedness.

Due to a conscious predominance of introversion, there is a natural repression which opposes the flow of libido; for wherever there is a deeply held value that is subjective in origin, there is an objective value that opposes it. In this way, we see that thinking as a function distinctly opposes feeling, and as a compensatory mechanism the repressed thinking emerges from the unconsciousness in a primitive and archaic fashion..extroverted in attitude, it is a thinking that is blunt and harsh and lacks all the nuance that its psychic counterpart, the introverted feeling, is distinctly defined by.

Conversely, INTP is characteristically defined as an introverted thinking consciousness which consists of extroverted compensatory mechanisms pertaining to the function of feeling - namely the feeling whose values are strictly objective in origin. A feeling that is similarly blunt and archaic to the thinking function of a feeling type. Crystal_richardson is my example to compare yourself to.
joltaire
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby joltaire » Fri May 22, 2015 2:55 pm

joltaire wrote:Crystal_richardson is my example to compare yourself to.

I don't recall whether or which type she personally identifies as but if you ask me, she appears to resemble a type of consciousness that is predominantly taken to introverted thinking, thus INTP.
joltaire
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby letha » Fri May 22, 2015 3:12 pm

I see your point there. I haven't read extensively into it of course, just the various flowery descriptions of each when you take these tests.
"I have seen too much, felt too much, loved too much in my life; I come to seek, still living, the calm of Lethe. Lovely place, be for me those banks of oblivion: to forget is my only happiness."
letha
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:58 am

Postby Tahawus » Fri May 22, 2015 8:46 pm

ISTP Personality (“The Virtuoso”)

ISTPs love to explore with their hands and their eyes, touching and examining the world around them with cool rationalism and spirited curiosity. People with this personality type are natural Makers, moving from project to project, building the useful and the superfluous for the fun of it, and learning from their environment as they go. Often mechanics and engineers, ISTPs find no greater joy than in getting their hands dirty pulling things apart and putting them back together, just a little bit better than they were before.

ISTP personalityISTPs explore ideas through creating, troubleshooting, trial and error and first-hand experience. They enjoy having other people take an interest in their projects and sometimes don't even mind them getting into their space. Of course, that's on the condition that those people don't interfere with ISTPs' principles and freedom, and they'll need to be open to ISTPs returning the interest in kind.

ISTPs enjoy lending a hand and sharing their experience, especially with the people they care about, and it's a shame they're so uncommon, making up only about five percent of the population. ISTP women are especially rare, and the typical gender roles that society tends to expect can be a poor fit - they'll often be seen as tomboys from a young age.
Tahawus
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:58 am

Postby lostgirl0412 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:36 pm

I'm an ENFP and it is dead om accurate. i don't even usually believe these but this one really seems to have something to it.
lostgirl0412
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby The Unknown » Wed May 27, 2015 2:53 am

On the 16Personalities test I got INFJ-T (Advocate)

On the Celebrities Type test I got ISFJ. I've also got INFP and ISFP on various MBTI tests as well. Although the I and F preference is clear, the S/N or J/P preference changes from test to test, depending on the questions asked.
Global5/SLOAN = RLUAI
Dx= GAD (Official)
AvPD+DPD (suspect/self diagnosis)
IxFx
The Unknown
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Truth too late » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:37 pm

I saw this article on Yahoo, People with this personality type are most likely to be unemployed. I thought of this thread.
I never seen you looking so bad my funky one / You tell me that your superfine mind has come undone (Steely Dan, Any Major Dude)
Truth too late
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:58 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby NimplyDinply » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:06 pm

Truth too late wrote:I saw this article on Yahoo, People with this personality type are most likely to be unemployed. I thought of this thread.

I can totally see that.
what a tangled web we unweave, when we practice to just be
NimplyDinply
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views